Excel Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) Developer Specialist
The Desktop Build Group (DBG) works closely with Bloomberg clients and prospective clients to find solutions to business needs using the Bloomberg API for Excel. Last year we delivered over 2500 projects to clients and our Excel solutions on the Bloomberg Terminal are used by over 120,000 financial professionals. We are a global team with people based in London, New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney.
Want to be part of group directly impacting the company's bottom line? Keen to contribute solutions and ideas to our Market Leading Excel Solution Library for finance professionals? Interested in combining Excel/skill with business acumen to build P&L impacting solutions for our clients? What's the role?
You will use your financial market knowledge to consult with Bloomberg clients or prospective clients, helping them to develop and implement their investment strategies and research leveraging our Excel APIs, VBA and our cutting edge query language (BQL). You will have a direct impact on Bloomberg revenue by working closely with our account management teams to develop new tactical desktop applications to sell Bloomberg Terminals Additionally, your solutions will be used by potentially many thousands of financial market professionals.
Your role will involve full life-cycle development, from initial pitches to prospective clients, requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation, deployment and adoption. Your responsibilities will include:
You will learn on the job:
- Partner with our account management team to build tactical solutions to increase revenue opportunities for the company
- Assisting with migration projects - gaining a deep understanding of client workflow to move potential clients over to the Bloomberg platform
- Work on projects to provide short term product gap solutions for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Maintain and support Excel solutions accessible via the Bloomberg Terminal
- Work closely with our Product Development team and R&D to push for enhancements to our Excel APIs
- Work closely with our BQuant team to promote and solidify adoption of the platform
- Occasional travel may be required
You'll need to have:
- In depth knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal and Bloomberg APIs - the world's leading financial analytics platform for investment professionals
- A deep understanding of financial markets and investment processes on both buy-side and sell-side
- Gain a stronger understanding of data science
- Skills in using Python
We would like to see:
- Expert knowledge in MS Excel/ VBA and a willingness to learn other programming languages
- Previous experience working with front office in financial markets and expertise in one or more asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, FX, etc.)
- Previous experience using Bloomberg Terminal or other data vendors
- Have a strategic mind set and demonstrable commercial acumen - be able to weigh up the business opportunities of a project before execution
- Highly articulate, consultative, and confident in interactions with clients
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python, R or similar
- Experience or qualifications in Data Science
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.