Executive Mgr, Bus Development
The Corporate Trust (CT) Relationship Management Executive is to be the primary point of contact representing the CT suite of products and services in a large geographical territory with a significant new revenue target. The Executive will work with partners in CT Sales, Strategy, Product Management, Legal, Transaction Management, Risk and Service Delivery teams to grow revenue, develop strategy, build market reputation and advocate client's needs. This position directs, drives and manages the Relationship Management for the client segment/region to optimize new business development, client revenue, portfolio growth and coordination of enhanced service experience in collaboration with Global Client Solutions and Global Service Delivery. The position is responsible for developing the overall strategic approach towards building and deepening the relationship with clients in this segment/region with an aim towards increasing client revenue.
• Be a senior Corporate Trust (CT) business presence in assigned geography developing strong relationships with the collateral managers, key Investment bank arranging desks, law firms, consultants, and others driving capital markets evolution and debt issuance. Participation in industry groups is key. Participation in internal management processes and committees also essential
• Grow revenue significantly for strategic growth products
• Responsible for successfully developing and executing revenue opportunities in the across the region for CT for all core products especially loan servicing, CLO administration, Credit fund admin, escrows, securitization services, trustee and paying agency. This also includes delivering cross selling opportunities for Asset Servicing and AIS
• Understand and direct new business and product opportunities; assess the viability of offering new products (i.e. loan service offering across LDS and Facility agency)
• Understand the client requirements and ensure the servicing model is available to achieve the client's goals by liaising with the client to understand the deal structure and client requirements
• Run and participate in relevant internal discussions eg. Pipeline call, Business Acceptance committee, Business Risk Committee, Pricing Advisory and Business Development meetings
• Identify and manage the escalation and resolution of issues and risks
• Provide support on internal strategic initiatives and projects as requested (SME)
• Communicate with business partners regarding deal activity and identify, escalate and resolve risks and/or opportunities
• Provide leadership throughout the sales process by rigorous client targeting; pro-active calling; identifying and qualifying leads; working collaboratively with sales & relationship management teams to convert opportunities to mandates; documenting the sales process and results, and managing the entire process on behalf of the client
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a pressurized environment
• Highly structured and methodical in execution - technical knowledge and understanding of implementation process
• Clear, articulate and concise verbal and written communication
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads, strong time-management skills
• Ability to understand and resolve or escalate issues quickly
• Strong internal communication skills including ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Strong focus on team environment.
• Mentor other teammates.
• Provide knowledge and experience sharing with teammates. Qualifications
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. Typically requires 15 plus years of total work experience and 5-7 years of management experience preferred, preferably in Business Development or a Client-Facing role. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Corporate Trust Organization:
Corporate Trust-HR06320 Requisition Number: