FICC Commodities Desk Strat
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Global Markets
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. What We Do
Commodities desk strats team is responsible for developing and maintaining pricing and risk model for Commodities business, within the Global Markets division. We are looking for an experienced Commodities desk strat at VP level to support the US Power & Gas business within Commodities. Key responsibilities including developing, calibration of pricing model including renewable products, tolling agreement, revenue options, extension options, full requirement load serving, gas storage and transportation and other physical/financial products. Ideal candidate should have at least 3-5 year experience supporting major US power & gas trading business and have deep knowledge on the market convention, deal structures and pricing/risk modelling. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Who We Look For
- Responsible for the desk' s pricing, profit/loss, returns, and risk calculations across the North American commodities markets : Power, Gas, Crude, Products, Metals
- Implement and extend pricing models using the firm' s in-house programming language and database in response to client demand, including derivative exotics, storage, transport, and tolls
- Implement and calibrate commodity-specific market and volatility models under changing market dynamics, including heat rates, gas basis, and crude grades
- Proactively identify and quantify risks associated with the desk' s positions
- Propose risk-management strategies and structures
- Develop robust infrastructure to enable responsive, iterative analysis
- Identify and advocate for new business opportunities and necessary infrastructure
An ideal candidate would have strong a strong technical background and problem solving skills, drive to investigate and learn new ideas, and the judgement to deliver quick yet robust solutions. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelors/MS or PhD in a quantitative field - Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics.
- Strong programming background in an object oriented language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and deliver accurate results quickly.
- Ability to solve problems and to explain the ideas that underlie them.
- Interest/familiarity with financial modelling
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience working with real-time systems
- Knowledge of fixed income financial markets / basic financial modelling
- Academic background in a technical field: Computer Science, Physics or natural sciences, Pure or Applied Mathematics, or Statistics
- Development background in a structured language (C, C++, Java, Python, etc.)
- Mathematical knowledge - calculus, probability, statistics
- Knowledge of Commodities markets and products
- Commercial focus, team-oriented, self-motivated
- Experience working on a trading desk or similar fast-paced, open environment
- Problem-solving and communication skills, ability to convey technical topics to a diverse audience
- Initiative and ownership, track record in developing business agendas
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.