- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
FP&A Citi Ventures - Lead Analyst
FP&A Citi Ventures - Lead Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18054098
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Ventures' mission is to drive customer-focused innovation and cultural transformation that delivers new growth and value for Citi and our clients. CV invests in startups, pilots new technologies, and tests new solutions and business models with the potential to transform the future of financial services. The team is comprised of professionals with the diverse experiences and skill sets that support Citi's innovation leadership. Citi Ventures has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, New York City, London and Singapore.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) drives all of Citi's financial planning and management reporting processes, and supports senior management with analysis and insight into financial performance. Through this analysis, the team facilitates decision making at a senior level to drive performance in each of Citi's products, regions and global functions, and communicate effectively with shareholders, the Board of Directors, regulators and analysts.
This role reports to the Finance Officer of Citi Ventures and provides support across 3 areas: financial and strategic planning; investment portfolio management; delivery of best-in-class finance infrastructure.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) supplies the Citi Ventures CEO and other CV senior management with analysis and insight into financial results and projections to facilitate decision making.
- Support Citi Ventures' financial forecasting and strategic planning; prepare monthly/quarterly review package with trends and variance analysis; monitor project expenses and operating costs
- Regularly work with the CFOs of portfolio companies in reviewing financial results; coordinate quarterly performance review; conduct due diligence and fair value assessments
- Manage funding of investments and cash flow of Citi Ventures, Inc.
- Support Discovery10X and Citi Labs on project prioritization, funding arrangement and performance tracking
- Partner with Controllers on investment management, legal entity management, financial reporting and month-end closing activities
- Work closely with Controller and Accounting Policy to ensure sound accounting practices for Citi Ventures' investments and initiatives
- Provide various financial analyses and present to senior management team in Citi Ventures and Finance organization
- Strong MS Excel skills and knowledge of Essbase a plus
- Ability to translate complex financial schedules into meaningful analysis and presentations
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to draw conclusions and assist with decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a balance of assertiveness and discretion to be a credible and sought after resource
- Flexibility to be effective and persuasive with all levels of management
- Ability to build key cross-functional and cross-business relationships
- Change agent mentality to drive for process enhancements and simplification; demonstrated ability to lead projects