FXLM- Sales & Trading Assistant
BNP Paribas' Global Markets (GM) business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world's currencies. Their global network comprises more than 3,000 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Responsibilities Deal Capture:
Deal Event Management:
- Manual deal capture in front office system and verifying deal entry against supporting documents as reference to procedure.
- Amend/cancel all option trades in front office system for sales and options trading desk with reference to proper supporting documentation.
End of Day and P&L:
- Exercise and expire all options in front office system within each time zone including confirming each exercise with counterparty. Perform a missed expiry check at the end of the day.
- Execute barriers in front office system when directed by traders and contact counterparties to confirm client barriers. Perform a missed barrier check at the end of the day
- Ensure all NDFs in front office system are fixed with the correct rate and in a timely manner.
- Processing of Novation and Early Termination events in front office system.
- Snapshot of spot closing for Asia Close, Europe Close and Americas Close including running relevant End of Day spot closing for each time zone.
- Produce daily estimated option p/l for trading including daily revaluation on off-system managed deals for official p/l reporting (New York TA)
Parameters and Procedures:
- Perform all internal and external system reconciliation checks. Proper escalation if regular breaks are identified.
- Update of spot fixing for date schedules in front office system from official fixing sources.
- Contribute to GFX FO TA procedures database
- Point of contact by internal departments for queries related to forex trading desks including ensuring back office have enough information to perform their task.
Qualifications Qualifications Essential Experience
- Responsible for ensuring that all trades are booked correctly and in a timely manner by processing the necessary Block / Splits either by the Electronic messaging systems or by manual input direct into FX systems
- Ensure all Booking queries are addressed and escalated to the Marketer where appropriate
- Ensure any trades booked on a Dummy Booking code are resolved and correctly booked within 24 hours
- React to any issues escalated to the team by the ECSG team in relation to the Electronic Trading platforms (Note - it is not the responsibility of Sales Support to monitor the Electronic Trading platforms)
- Ensure all Client Static Data is kept up to date where relevant
- Process all FX Novations
- Ensuring the Novation Protocol is followed when eligible
- Carry out any end of day checks with the Marketers and Key Clients to ensure that all trades have been booked correctly and accurately
- Act as an intermediary between the Marketers and all Operational areas of the Bank
- Min. 1-2 years of experience in Global Markets, either in Front Office or Middle Office environment
- Knowledge of FX (Cash, Options, Structured, Exotic) and Local Market (IRS, Swaptions, Cross Currency Swaps, Inflation Swaps, CDS, Credit Indices, and Index Option) products Advanced excel and basic VBA
- Attention to detail, good technical and communication skills
- Displays strong self-organization and multi-tasking capacity.
- Client-focus attitude with stakeholders and end-clients (internal and external).
- Strong sense of personal accountability, drive for results and delivers high-quality work.
- Motivated and demonstrating a self-starting/entrepreneurial mindset.
- Team player & cross cultural awareness: work effectively in a team, collaborate and share information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders.
- Always act with the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to work well under pressure and always with a professional attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of FXLM systems: FXT, Soho and Soho Front Office
- Deep knowledge of FX Options, FX Flow products and FXLM Front to Back workflow
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Strong judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to find creative solutions.
- Logical and mathematical skills