Finance & Risk Engineering - Corporate Treasury Engineering
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 16 Jan 19
Finance & Risk Engineering - Corporate Treasury Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us - a high return for the right risk taken.
Corporate Treasury Engineering team is looking for world class software engineers to work closely with Corporate Treasury business partners and help improve liquidity projections/optimizations, financial resource allocation and management, cash and collateral management and funds transfer pricing and execution strategy.
This is a one of a kind front to back integrated group that explores new ideas of optimizing firm liquidity position and also execute on the strategy, all in one team. The team is divided into five pillars each with its specific mandate. Whether you like to spend your energies into thinking about the scalable big data architecture, understanding the inventory and liquidity usage optimization algorithms or working with Traders directly on execution of trades and risk management, we have it all for you.
Corporate Treasury lies at the heart of Goldman Sachs, ensuring all the businesses have the appropriate level of funding to conduct their activities, while also optimizing the firm's liquidity and managing its risk and being part of the engineering team will expose you to everything that's important and happening the firm. The scale of the liquidity optimization and execution problem keeps us interested every day and we hope to share our enthusiasm and challenge with you.
Our Corporate Treasury Engineering team is a world leader in developing quantitative techniques and technological solutions that solve complex and commercial business problems. We partner with our firm's treasurer and other members of Corporate Treasury senior leadership to manage the firm's liquidity risk, secured and unsecured funding programs, and the level and composition of consolidated and subsidiary equity capital and to invest any excess liquidity. In this role, you will be provided unique insight into the firm's business activities and asset strategy. You will be responsible for defining, developing software's to analyze data, built metric calculators, automated tools to help business get insights into data, predict scenarios and perform better decision making to reduce interest expenses for the firm. This front to back model gives software developer's window into all aspects of CT planning and execution while working on cutting edge industrial technologies
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Use engineering to identify and measure risk and to implement quantitative and technical risk management solutions in software
- Forge strong relationships with our key business partners, understand financial markets, liquidity management strategies to develop and enhance our treasury systems and processes.
- Apply analytics to drive commercial outcomes and communicate with precision and clarity
- Understand business needs, facilitate and develop process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop scalable architecture and implement software's following full SDLC cycle
- Explore latest technology offering and platforms to strategize and build optimum technology solutions
- Work very closely with business to create real time impact and deliver product with most commercial value
- Bachelors' or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - demonstrated ability to learn technologies and apply
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- 2-6 years of technology programming experience
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
- Experience in designing highly scalable, efficient systems
- Web technology design experience is plus
- Familiarity with financial markets, financial assets, and liquidity management is plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.