As a Front-End Software Engineer and a member of a team of elite, highly skilled forward thinking colleagues working on product development in an agile and collaborative environment, you will work with cutting edge technologies and learn how these technologies are applied in the global capital markets.
In addition to the design and development work, you will also gain exposure to the financial services industry. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where priorities can change on a daily basis. You will also have the opportunity to mentor others and work in an Agile environment, gaining experience with Agile constructs. You will take initiatives and collaborate extensively with the stakeholders and within the development team to achieve ambitious goals. You will be working in a fast paced environment, inspiring excitement.
Our products are used by large and successful trading & hedge funds, Wall Street banks, and many others. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and a dynamic group of experts. The right candidate will be multi-skilled and can assume a wide array of roles in a fast paced, high growth financial services software company.
This is an exciting opportunity to become a critical part of a fast growing, global organization at what is arguably the most exciting time in the rapid evolution of our company. What you'll work on:
What we look for:
- Design and develop front-end components for multi-tiered Web applications
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical designs and then plan sprints that deliver quality components and products on time
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and developers to further value proposition of our applications
- Actively participate in research, discussions and decisions on software architecture, development processes, and other standards
- A successful candidate is someone who wants to continually enhance the knowledgebase of themselves and the team as it relates to Web based technologies, Software Development Process and company standards and practices.
- Experience with Angular
- Unit testing experience / acceptance testing
- Deep proficiency in Front End Engineering and UI Development
- 1 - 4 years of application development experience one or many of:
- MV* UI frameworks like Angular 2+
- Ability to work in team oriented environment, and can work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Experience working with UX Designers and Design Systems
- Front End Development experience with JS, TypeScript, Design Systems, Bootstrap, Angular7+, Redux, and MV* UI frameworks and latest CSS standards
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Knowledge of micro front-ends.
- Experience in building, maintaining, and supporting a UI Component Library or design system
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment across time zones
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.