Fullstack Engineer- Security Infrastructure
The Security Infrastructure SRE Team is essential for our ability to manage and scale security systems which support this scale at Bloomberg. This team is responsible for a broad set of systems that are essential for our ability to secure the enterprise and protect our client data. The solutions managed by this team cover a broad range of use cases and are built in collaboration with various stakeholders. To operate at scale, the push is to make provisioning of security infrastructure seamless and repeatable using infrastructure-as-code patterns and using various automation techniques.
The team strives to quantify confidence in the systems they maintain and to drive additional confidence in the systems' ability to perform as expected. Through thorough monitoring and telemetry collection, the team can use past performance to predicate and understand future reliability. The team assumes nothing of the systems that they manage unless they are explicitly tested building further confidence in the systems they operate. We'll trust you to:
- Analyze business requirements, collaborate with internal and external development groups, and design & build innovative security solutions
- Build creative services and solutions on Linux, Windows, and MacOS
- Integrate a hybrid architecture of both black box and custom-developed software into a comprehensive solution
- Take ownership of projects while collaborating with us, your teammates, following an agile and test-driven approach You'll need to have:
- Strong knowledge of OOD/OOP, algorithms/data structures, software development principles, Agile methodologies, modern design patterns, TDD, and service-oriented architecture
- Experience with Go and Python
- Knowledge of C++ and PowerShell
- Experience building scalable systems with a high volume of data throughput
- Strong problem solving and design skills We'll love to see:
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment
- Understanding of RESTful API design
- Linux kernel level debugging and eBPF experience
- Experience building systems that use Linux, Windows, and macOS internals APIs If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.