Funds Data Specialist
Bloomberg's Funds Data product is looking for an individual to join its team of market experts and technologists to build up its fund manager database. There are around half a million funds in the market, each with various structures and characteristics to meet the unique needs of investors. As part of the Funds Data team, you'll help ensure that the fund manager database supports the fields needed by its users while gaining first hand experience of product development, data management, and procurement. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Research the global fund industry to stay on top of trends, new data sources, and help drive new product developments
- Speak with funds in the industry to onboard data to Bloomberg's Fund Manager Database
- Maintain a constant presence in the industry through networking and leading at conferences and events
- Answer client inquiries as a customer service representative for users of Bloomberg's funds data
- Serve as a subject matter expert to technical partners to drive product vision and innovate across Bloomberg's product offering
- Work with Bloomberg Sales and News teams to showcase new content and analyses derived from Bloomberg's Fund Manager Database to current and potential clients
We'd love to see:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics, Political Science
- Minimum 1-3 years experience working within the asset management or market data industries
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Prior experience working with a customer relationship manager (CRM) system
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation
- Interest in information technology, data modeling and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of SQL, Python, Regex, JSON)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.