Global Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Program - 2024 Job Description & Program Overview Why Corporate Banking?
A Corporate Banker is a relationship-driven corporate finance professional, who is an expert in matching clients ' needs with banking solutions.
The Corporate Banker fully embodies Bank of America ' s motto and core value What would you like the power to do? by leveraging their deep understanding of the financial challenges corporate clients face to effectively deploy the bank ' s capabilities and resources to help them achieve their goals.
As a Corporate Banker, you ' ll be the hub in the wheel of Bank of America ' s products and services for our corporate clients, driving the dialogue and working in partnership with products experts from each group to deliver the bank ' s full platform to clients in a timely, smooth and coordinated manner. Corporate Banking vs. Investment Banking
Corporate and Investment Banking are both relationship-focused roles. Although the two groups, which are both organized by industry, often work closely together and even sit on the same floor, there are fundamental differences:
Why Bank of America?
- The Corporate Banker is the gatekeeper of three of the core pillars of the bank ' s offering, Debt & Credit Ratings, Risk Management and Treasury Solutions, while the Investment Banker is the gatekeeper of two of the core pillars, M&A and Equity
- The Corporate Banker key contacts are the Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer and CFO while the Investment Banker ' s key client contacts are the CEO, CFO and Business Development Manager
- As the Corporate Banker and Investment Banker work in parallel, making sure corporate clients can access the full breadth of the bank ' s offering, their paths often intersect on strategic client discussions and transactions and on building and maintaining strong relationships with key client executives
Bank of America is one of the world ' s leading financial institutions, serving individuals, businesses, large corporations, and governments with a broad, comprehensive range of solutions to their complex financial issues.
Bank of America strives to be a place you can be proud and happy to work at. It is a diverse, inclusive workplace where employees are valued for their individual strengths and perspectives, supported in growing their careers and recognized and rewarded for their contributions. Why our Summer Internship program?
The Summer Analyst program is a collaborative and motivating program designed to offer you broad and exciting exposure to the full range of products and services we offer to our clients and to empower you to make an impact, with the support of an extensive formal training offered at the start of the program and mentorship throughout.
Our Summer Analyst program will set you up for success, by providing you with analytical based work experience focused on the financial markets, true insight into life as a Corporate Banker and a strong platform to launch your career.
As a Summer Analyst, your key responsibilities may include but will be not limited to the below don ' t worry if these tasks don ' t make sense yet, we are here to guide you!
- Working on live deals
- Preparation of internal materials from compliance clearance to deal approval memos for transaction capital committees
- Preparation of external materials such as working group lists, due diligence questionnaires and lender presentations
- Working on client pitches, helping strengthen and expand the relationship
- Preparation of relationship overview and coverage team pages
- Performance of various financial analyses including capital structure and credit ratings analysis, WACC analysis and fire power analysis
- Peer analysis, such as liquidity, capital allocation, capital structure and fixed to floating profile analysis
- Working on the day-to-day client relationship, helping clients solve any issues or needs that might arise
- Currently enrolled in a BA/BS degree from an accredited College or University with a graduation timeframe between December 2024-June 2025
- 3.5 minimum GPA preferred and can demonstrate a track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- Distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactivity, curiosity, ability to learn quickly, team focus, strong work ethic
- Dedication to building a career in the corporate banking industry, coupled with a strong desire to learn and succeed in team environments