Global Data Center Services Executive (Strategy) (Sr. Principal, Service Management)
Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation.
We are a global team that provides all infrastructure, end user computing and production support services. Our goal is to provide reliable, resilient, next-generation enterprise technology infrastructure and support that enables BNY Mellon employees to deliver client commitments and business solutions around the world.
Our TSG Operations
team supports critical infrastructure for core business applications. We deliver capacity to support existing and new business activity, while owning and governing enterprise demand and capacity management standards, policies, processes, operating models, and tools. Our team provides 24x7x365 support for incidents, changes, and requests for key services including: Data Center Operations; Global File Transfer; Batch and Mainframe Operations; Global Data Center Strategy; planning/governing infrastructure disaster recovery services, playbook and TSG Business Continuity Plans.
Our Data Center Services (DCS) team provides 24x7x365 support for the critical equipment & infrastructure at global Data Centers, and numerous Data Center Colocations facilities. The Role
We are looking for a Global Data Center Services Executive (Strategy) to oversee the BNYM global hybrid Data Center strategy. This role includes development of our global data center strategy and roadmap for the following key elements:
- Location/portfolio strategy, including data center consolidations and migrations to align to business requirements and the firm's cloud strategy
- Physical data center design strategy to ensure our data centers are efficient, scalable, secure and aligned to our changing technology requirements
- Automation and integration of new data center operations technology
- Working with partners in Facilities, IT teams, business groups and Data Center Operations, the successful candidate will lead the ongoing development of the BNYM Global Data Center strategy, which will include responsibilities such as:
- Current-state analysis of our existing data center estate
- Development of overall plans for how our data centers can meet upcoming IT demand and best plan for future demand trends
- Development of business cases, plans and presentations, aligned to achieving an optimal target state for BNY Mellon's data center portfolio, based on stated business requirements.
- Identification, evaluation and development of new strategic products and solutions to further automate and streamline our data center operations processes
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent capabilities in preparing compelling business cases and publisher-quality materials
- Strong in-person presentation skills
- Fundamental understanding of data center systems and technology
- 6-8 years of experience in financial services or business partner function preferred. Experience in the securities industry is a plus
- Fundamental knowledge of data center power and cooling technologies including associated industry standards such as Uptime Institute
Overall strategic leader recognized in the whole organization as the spokesperson for a specific process. Communicates and promotes the process, initiates process improvements and sets goals. Accountable for the deployment of the assigned process and associated methods and techniques across the organization. Communicates and promotes the process, initiates process improvements and sets goals. Influences process stakeholders. Provides guidance and support to team members as the assigned work is being delivered. Develops process documentation, including process interaction models, tooling requirements, key metrics and controls. Works with the process leads, supporting technology teams and customers to determine an understanding of the work and expectations required to be delivered by the team. Leads resources and assigns tasks to the team members. Assists team members in delivering outputs as needed. Leads team of process analysts. Contributes to employee performance cycle including all Human Capital management activities and provides guidance to staff for current duties. Motivates analysts to maximize their contributions and encourage professional growth. Ensures the assigned process, its associated techniques and methods are regularly reviewed and audited, and that all of these are subjected to continuous improvement and remain fit for purpose. Develops and manages IT processes and controls in collaboration with enterprise process design team to ensure quality is maintained to meet business objectives. Responsible for maintaining process information for select IT processes, including mapping and measuring business objectives to IT process outputs. Maintains excellent knowledge of IT systems, tools, and stays abreast of new developments in IT . Coaches, trains and guides process stakeholders and team members. Provides technical expertise and advice to Technology and Business process practitioners and users. Contributes to the achievement of organizational objectives, drives the strategic direction of process and tools for the organization by leadership. MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Advanced degree in business management, computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 0 + years of experience in IT; 10+ years of management experience; 5 years of performing a global role experience; 2+ years in IT Service Management role required; experience in the financial services industry is a plus