Global Head of Index Intelligence
Global Head of Index Intelligence, S&P DJI Index Governance Grade Level:
14 The Location:
New York The Team:
Index Governance (IG) oversees a variety of analytical committees that form the backbone of S&P DJI's governance structure. IG is responsible for index methodologies and index committee oversight including membership, structure, analytical rigor, culture, and adherence to policies. IG Index Intelligence is a group of senior analytical professionals who serve as resources to index committees by working closely with committee chairpersons and others to enhance analytical aspects of index oversight. The Impact:
Indexing is ascendant as clients and stakeholders seek increasingly complex and nuanced benchmarks. The Index Intelligence (II) team within S&P DJI Index Governance plays an essential role in assuring that indices are analytically sound, properly documented, and continue to meet their objectives through time. S&P Dow Jones Indices operates across all major asset classes and seeks to bring the power of indexing to markets across a range of innovative index solutions. What's in it for you:
- The Global Head of II is a senior leadership position collaborating with index committees and governance colleagues, as well as leaders in operational, commercial, and research groups.
- Manage a high-performing team of analytical professionals including generalists focused on supporting index committees across asset classes, and specialists focused on specific domains.
- Chair relevant analytical committees, serve as a voting member on index committees, and represent Index Governance on relevant cross-functional committees.
- Participate in relevant industry events and collaborate with external experts, bringing their perspectives to index committees and arranging meetings and/or training for Index Intelligence staff and index committee members.
- Manage a growing analytical team. Mentor and develop staff to become leading resources for index committees.
- Be accountable for strategic direction in key areas of index oversight such as research and analysis for major index consultations, annual methodology reviews, index monitoring, new index launches, client communications, and methodology revisions.
- Create and maintain a culture of excellence, respect, and diversity to develop a world class analytical oversight function.
- Be a principal resource for policy committees by challenging the status quo, finding ways to enhance oversight, and improving analytical rigor.
- Remain informed of external developments, including major regulatory and market developments across asset classes.
- Represent S&P DJI in cross divisional meetings and projects.
- Lead due diligence of major new areas of index development.
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with leaders of cross-functional groups involved in the development, oversight, and management of the S&P DJI index lineup.
- Master's degree or PhD. in a quantitative discipline or Financial Engineering.
- Three to five years of experience managing analytical teams. Strong focus on people and culture. Strong leadership skills. Team player.
- At least seven years of experience and strong intellectual grasp of analytical concepts underpinning indices such as index math, corporate actions, commonly used risk premia, basis risk and interactions between spot and derivatives markets, fixed income math, derivatives math, currency hedging, portfolio theory, and other areas of applied financial theory.
- Outstanding research and investigative skills, ability to evaluate and assess complex topics and creatively problem-solve.
- Programming skills including Python.
- Demonstrated understanding of indices, underlying instruments including cash and derivatives markets, and financial product structures including ETF's, ETN's, OTC derivatives, and structured products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work done by multiple people and/or groups. Strong attention to detail and work ethic.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- CFA Charterholder
- International work experience and/or experience managing a global team.
- Experience or coursework in data science.
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities. To all recruitment agencies
: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
262765 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States