Job Description & Program Overview
Our Global Markets business offers sales and trading services, including research, to institutional clients across fixed-income, credit, currency, commodity and equity businesses. Global Markets product coverage includes securities and derivative products in both the primary and secondary markets.
The Global Sustainable Finance Group (GSFG) implements the strategy set by the Sustainable Markets Committee and works alongside Bank of America's eight lines of business to mobilize and scale capital deployment that is aligned with the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). The two main pillars of our business focus are as follows: Environmental Transition : Address climate change and promote the circular economy including solutions for renewable energy, energy efficiency, clean transportation, water & sanitation, sustainable agriculture, and carbon capture & sequestration. Inclusive Development : Advance community development, affordable housing, healthcare, education, financial and digital inclusion, access to basic services, racial and gender equality, and promote environmental justice.
To drive the effective implementation of our firm-wide sustainable finance strategy and accomplish our capital deployment target of $1.5T by 2030, our Sustainable Finance team operates across the following three focus areas: Asset Finance: Drive global asset financing, tax equity investments, and distribution solutions within Sustainable Finance Innovative Structuring : Develop innovative financing solutions within new sustainable asset classes and emerging technologies. Strategy and Advisory: Advise clients on strategies to successfully meet their sustainability goals including Net Zero and Carbon Neutrality, and Social & Inclusive Development. Develop and implement the firm-wide sustainable finance strategy and tracking real time progress with clients in financing, investment, advisory, and distribution activities.
Our program includes formal training and assignments in Global Markets product areas. As a summer analyst your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Helping to originate, structure, and model transactions.
- Assessing market trends and providing quantitative data for clients
- Performing market and quantitative research analysis
- Assisting in structuring, pricing, and executing transactions
- Handling day-to-day transaction needs, including reconciliation and clearing services
- Assisting in developing new products and bringing them to market
- Assisting in educating clients about complex structures and technical products
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2024 and June 2025
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred.
- Mathematics, engineering, statistics, or programming background a plus
- Extensive Excel and modeling skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and willingness to ask tough questions.
- Solid leadership, team, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Can multitask and prioritize in a demanding environment.
- Able to generate complex solutions across multiple product platforms.
- Strong interest in global financial markets
- Highly motivated with a drive to succeed.
- Keen interest in complex structures
- Adapts easily to constantly changing environment.
- A track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities.
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.