Head - eCommerce Sales and Execution Services
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- As Head of eCommerce Sales and Execution Services, Americas , the role has line manager responsibility for the Americas eCommerce Sales and Execution Services teams and has responsibility for delivering an eCommerce strategy to further distribute FM's electronic products across SC's regional footprint as well as responsibility for the management of the Global Execution Services 'Execution' desk covering cross Segment clients.This includes a strategy to service FI and Corporate clients both onshore across all FM products, within their country of domicile, and offshore, where the clients have other trading hubs as well as digitize their flows wherever possible.
- Runs the Americas eCommerce Sales and Execution Services business and is trusted to make strategic decisions and influence stakeholders globally and manage more junior team members
- Deliver and drive the Global Execution Services (GES) strategy within region to simplify, automate and translate the way we deal with FM clients
- Manages the electronic and execution (GES) clients that are in Americas, this is a portfolio of several hundred clients that require a dedicated GES strategy. This is part of our renewed focus on FM client coverage and the digitisation of client flows
- Collaborates with FM Regional Heads on FM strategy globally and seeks input to make well informed decisions for the GES business in Americas
- Supports the cross selling of all FM products in Americas, a very important strategic initiative for future FM growth
- Awareness and monitoring of market and business environment which our clients and the Bank operate.
- As regards the Bank, understanding our credit profile and market position in order to properly sell our abilities and appetite to our clients.
- As regards our clients, understand their credit and cash-flow position in order to make appropriate recommendations to credit and protect the Bank and its interests.
- Supporting colleagues to achieve our objectives and taking the lead on several global initiatives that in turn allow us all to be better and drive more revenues
- Achieving goals assigned in P3 document for volumes and CI across products, client types and regions
Responsible for the execution of the business process for all relevant segment clients in Americas, including conversion to digital channels. This would include producing budgets and account plans and implementing and maintaining a process to oversee the sales teams and keep the focus on delivering service to our clients and reaching our budget objectives.
- Owning and being accountable for the planning, budgeting and growth of GES in the Americas region
- Generate new business from existing clients and source new clients based on relationships and through the use of market data (such as Greenwich, Expand, Coalition and Euromoney).
- Analysing client flows and working with pricing teams to optimize pricing and liquidity to achieve maximum monetization
- Working with product teams to channel client feedback and championing new features to ensure that we expand product and develop solutions that meet client needs
- Working with a large number of clients who are likely to have different requirements, managing low touch relationships and always looking at where we can up sell
- Liaising with clients and executing trades and orders in line with SCB's policy and procedures consistent with all FM Sales staff globally including Order Handling, Record Keeping and Best Execution
- Accountable for ensuring appropriate frameworks and operational infrastructures are in place to enable the business processes to be efficient, appropriate and compliant with internal policies, procedures, codes and applicable external laws and regulations
- Providing the most appropriate digital solution to suit the client's requirements in relevant markets as well as manual execution services when technology/infrastructure do not allow for such solutions.
- Monitor the utilization of each client's trading limits with SCB, obtain specific approval for any excess likely to arise as a result of a particular transaction
- Continued provision of best in class service to help build the financial markets relationship.
- Taking responsibility for the global financial markets relationship for key clients where appropriate. This will require liaison with Relationship Managers and SCB product specialists in other regions in which clients are active, to help build the global franchise with dedicated coverage accounts.
- Maintain an updated account plan for Financial Markets products for each client. Use to identify potential relationship growth areas and create action plans for addressing opportunities accordingly.
- Emphasis on proactive engagement with clients, and timely delivery of relevant market intelligence. Always respond to requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Take ownership of all aspects of service delivery to the client within financial markets, including support functions such as operations.
- Assist in setting up adequate infrastructure to facilitate dealing (book platform, PPG, CA monitoring, seeing approvals with TCRM/GMR/LC etc)
- Drive/follow Financial Market themes and key initiatives and close alignment with the risk books
People and Talent
Lead the team through example and build the appropriate culture and values with clients and with internal stakeholders. The role requires the ongoing training and development of people and ensures that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks. This includes strategically grooming talent by moving talent globally. Finally, the ability to attract and retain high quality talent, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations amongst colleagues and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Provide effective leadership and management to direct reports and ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential
- Ensure active communication of vision, priorities and progress to the business to foster engagement, awareness and motivation
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people where appropriate and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports where appropriate and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Lead and reinforce strategic change and ensure the organisation structure and people programs are aligned and geared towards supporting change
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical role s . Identify, evaluate and action under performers
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Drive a culture across Global Execution Services that has adherence to all Group Policies and relevant legislation covering credit, operational, reputational risk among others.
- Commitment to Group Code of Conduct and act as a role model for Conduct
- Timely completion of all mandatory e-learning, attestations, compliance requirements and requests for information.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Willingness to 'speak up' in the event of any realised or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues
- Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- GES Management Team
- Regional FM Management Team
- FI and Corporate clients - senior personnel (desk heads) and key decision makers
- CIB and product partners across the bank
- Product management teams
- Structuring management teams
- ITO, Finance, control and risk functions
- Demonstrate Here for good and Group's brand and values in daily behaviour
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.