Head of AML Program
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Responsibilities will include daily oversight of relevant metrics, reporting and control processes
- Advice, oversight, and challenge of the AML Program.
- Detailed understanding of both Bank Secrecy Act ("BSA") and USA PATRIOT Act requirements for an Anti-Money Laundering program
- Serve as primary subject matter specialist in the AML / KYC space, responsible for policy and procedures creation, as well as interpretive mentorship
- Review new regulatory requirements and rules analysis in order to define requirements, provide interpretations and guidance working in conjunction with Regulatory Development to provide due diligence SME
- Articulation / documentation of requirements to be converted to procedures / operationalized, which are actioned CO
- Point of contact, as SME, for providing advisory and conducting benchmarking outreach on KYC/AML related issues
- Ongoing discussions with 1LOD and clients regarding US requirements for FinCEN CDD Rule (FCC Primary / CO Secondary)
- Review and advise the 1LOD on their corresponding procedures and training documentation to ensure alignment with 2LOD's CID policy, procedures and guidance
- Provide guidance and coordination to identify / remediate controls gaps.
- Prime Services custody products to identify gaps in coverage
- Requirements guidance Acceptable Break Types (ABTs) - (what is acceptable break type vs not acceptable and applying corresponding CID requirements)
- Develop Standards, including working with Global FCC on Global CDD Standards and Client Risk Scoring ("CRS") tool in order to adequately capture due diligence and enhanced due diligence requirements, and apply to US procedures and guidance
- Update AML policies and procedures, based upon the regulatory environment, renewal of existing policies
- Advisory divisions in accordance with rules, regulations and CS policy
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments, proposed FinCEN, FINRA, NY DFS rules
- Timely responses to new customer relationship requests
- Provide CID advice to the business
- US AML policy and underlying procedures
- Participation in Industry Forums, i.e. SIFMA, ACAMS
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Candidate must have minimum 10 years of specific industry experience in AML, including extensive client due diligence experience, regulatory rules tracking & analysis, and development of AML training, policies, and procedures
- Result oriented and capable of interacting with senior level partners to direct prioritization of AML-related activity.
- Detail knowledge of USA Patriot Act/Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulatory requirements required, including comprehensive understanding of OFAC sanctions and CDD/KYC requirements, as well as proposed rules
- Outstanding management skills, including proven experience of managing teams in remote locations to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and high level of supervisory oversight of daily work product.
- Strong strategic judgment; build, articulate, and execute on business opportunities -strong business problem solving skills-fact-based approach
- Explain existing/new AML requirements and help build efficient processes aligned with the requirements is a plus!
- Hardworking with ability to work independently as well as within a team environment, and be able to interact with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to learn and strong control-minded approach to tasks and responsibilities in a fast paced environment
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.