IBD, Financing Group, Relationship Lending Group, New York, Associate/Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Relationship Lending Group (RLG) is responsible for underwriting, structuring, executing and advising on relationship based lending and certain other financing transactions requiring a capital commitment from Goldman Sachs.
Types of transactions can include unsecured revolvers, secured revolvers (ABLs and Borrowing Base facilities), term loans, delayed draw term loans, bridge loans and letter of credit facilities in the context of primary loan syndication, refinancing, amendments, secondary market purchases and bilateral lending.
Members of the RLG Team work closely with:
- Syndication banks, borrowers and external legal counsel
- Investment Banking, Investment Grade Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, Legal and Credit Risk Management
The Associate/Vice-President will work as an integral member of the team on the execution of relationship loans and management of the portfolio, analytics & reporting.
The position involves working on multiple simultaneous transactions at various stages of execution. This includes liaising with business team on initial lending requests and following the transaction through the approval process, including managing the negotiation of loan documentation. Throughout the process you will be working with multiple GS teams while balancing conflicting priorities and ensuring significant issues are elevated to management.
Management, analytics & reporting on the loan portfolio will involve producing both ad hoc analysis and presentations, as well as reports on a regular basis for senior management and various internal constituencies. Qualifications
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Highly motivated and adaptable: ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills: able to manage multiple tasks and competing workstreams
- Demonstrated technical proficiency: experience building and working with excel-based models, as well as analyzing and summarizing results to produce succinct high-impact presentations
- Excellent communication skills: ability to speak with internal and external parties, such as IBD teams, syndication banks and GS clients
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
- Keen interest in the financial markets and, particularly, debt capital markets / Leverage Finance markets (knowledge of the bank loan product and/or real estate or healthcare sector a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years of financial services experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity