IT Service Manager
Working as part of the Global IT Service Management team, the Service Manager's role is to ensure IT service excellence is delivered to our Americas business, spread across seven offices in six countries in North America, South America and the Caribbean. The candidate would be expected to be a strong advocate and involved in all aspects of the ITIL service delivery disciplines, including change, major incident and problem management.
This role would require specific focus on the requirements of the Americas IT Service to ensure operational service stability and service improvement. The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate strong process adherence and demonstrate an ability to deal with ambiguity in high pressure situations across multiple time zones.
The role will be responsible for supporting the Americas Service Management Lead, Global Head of Service Management and the Americas Head of Infrastructure in direct oversight of all infrastructure and application change, problem, incident and asset management in the Americas. The right candidate will have demonstrated experience in taking ownership of issues from beginning to end. They will having a passion to make things better, continually challenging the status quo.
As this role has responsibility for major incident management and the restoration of global technology platforms, some degree of non-standard working hours should be expected on occasion. In the event of an outage, the Service Manager would work with the Americas Service Management Lead and coordinate the restoration of mission critical services as quickly as possible with minimal business disruption while maintaining open channels of communication.
To be successful within the role, the individual will be required to manage and work in close collaboration with several third party vendors and multiple technology teams distributed globally including Service Desk, End User Services, Desktop Engineering, Platforms and Comms. Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of Business as Usual (BAU) IT service to Americas users.
- In partnership with global counterparts, own and maintain standardization of ITIL processes.
- Drive strong adherence to change, incident, problem, request and asset management processes.
- Respond to both IT service and user escalations in a timely manner; to ensure swift resolution/conclusion.
- Adhere to industry standard IT risk management principles to identify and manage appropriate IT risks; ensure timely resolution or strong mitigation mechanism is employed.
- Become an advocate for Continual Service Improvement (CSI) and evolve the service to enhance IT service excellence.
- Design and produce management information, including dashboards, KPI and exception reports and service performance metrics, to illustrate service performance, focus areas and support senior decision making.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Prior exposure to the ITIL disciplines, including change, problem and major incident management highly advantageous.
- Practical experience of working with the ITIL service lifecycle framework, specifically Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and strong rapport with support staff as well as senior leadership (both business and technical users).
- Exposure to major incident and problem management, rigorous change management procedures in a mission critical environment to provide governance and conflict analysis preventing outage associated with change.
- Ability to produce accurate and regular service metrics (both KPI and SLAs) reports and ad hoc metric based analysis which outlines performance / trends and aid senior decision making.
- High-level of personal initiative; able to work independently as well as collaborate in teams.
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage customer perception through addressing issues and implementing solutions.
- Previous experience of Remedy, Service Now or a similar IT Service Management / CMDB system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and technical problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, prioritization and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours as evening/escalated on-call work may be required over weekends.
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
- Bachelor's degree desirable .
- The ability to work as part of a team, both locally in New York and with Schroders colleagues globally
- Comfortable working as part of a matrix managed organisation across multiple countries and time zones
- Self-motivated to learn and adapt to new skills for solving challenging information technology problems
- The ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical members of staff.
- Strong planning, organising, time and priority management skills; ability to manage multiple streams of work
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding follow-up skills.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.