Java Developer - VP
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 17 Jan 19
Java Developer - VP
The Market Risk Team develops software to measure and monitor market risk and capital for the firm's global portfolio. We are responsible to calculate the market risk of the firm. Based on the daily positional data, we run simulations to predict the amount of money the firm might potentially lose over different time horizons. Our clients include senior management, risk monitors, Market Risk research, traders and various regulators such as FINRA, SEC, EBA, ESMA, FCA and PRA. Market Risk team constantly updates its current suite of risk management tools, frameworks and processes or builds new ones in order to meet frequently changing business and regulatory landscape.
Project requirements: Experienced senior technologist for developing and supporting multi-tiered distributed Risk Engines, Services and Processes.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to design, implement, enhance, and support various aspects of Market Risk Engines, including key new deliverables. The position will involve understanding the requirements, design/development of server side components, database design and/or working with big data technologies such as MPP based Greenplum analytical platform and Spark. Project work will span all phases of development from user interaction and requirements gathering to design and coding to performance testing, rollouts and production support. The individual is expected to be client-centric and contribute/collaborate towards functional applications in a group setting. Experience in managing on-shore/off-shore teams or potential to do so is a must . *LI-DC1
As a hands-on Java/C++/DB technologist in Market Risk IT, you will be responsible for enhancing our existing Risk Infrastructure to cater to changing business and regulatory requirements and design/implement new solutions where one does not exist. Responsibilities include architecting and designing performant scalable elastic solutions using new technologies such as Spark to solve some of our big data problems
· Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
· Experience in architecting/designing large-scale business critical systems that deal with big data
· Object oriented design and usage of commonly used design patterns
· Expertise in Core Java - multi-threading, collections, JVM, Garbage collection
· Comfort in relational database modelling and querying.
· Ability to understand the domain and its data
· Expertise in architecting and designing event driven distributed systems
· Experience with big data solutions such as Spark, Hadoop
[Nice to have]
· Exposure to Spring or similar framework, grasp of IOC concepts
· Full stack developer - possibly some exposure to UI technologies.
· C++ coding skills