Lead Software Developer
The Role: Lead Software Developer Grade Level: 11
(relevant for internal only) The Team / The Business
S&P Global Marketplace technology team consists of geographically diversified software engineers responsible to develop scalable solutions by working directly with product development team.
Our team culture is oriented towards equality in the realm of software engineering irrespective of hierarchy promoting innovation. One should feel empowered to iterate over ideas and experimentation without having fear of failure. The Impact
You will enable S&P business to showcase our proprietary S&P Global data, combine it with "curated" alternative data, further enrich it with value-add services from Kensho and others, and deliver it via the clients' channel of choice to help them make better investment and business decisions, with confidence. What's in it for you:
An unmatched experience in handling huge volumes of data, analytics, visualization, and services over cloud technologies along with appreciation in product development life cycle to convert an idea into revenue generating stream. Responsibilities:
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate software engineer to develop technology solutions for S&P global marketplace product. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly technical role and will design and develop software using cutting edge technologies consisting of web applications, data pipelines, big data, machine learning and multi-cloud. The development is already underway so the candidate would be expected to get up to speed very quickly & start contributing.
What we are looking for:
- Active participation in all scrum ceremonies, follow AGILE best practices effectively.
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
- Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
- Document and demonstrate solutions using Technical design docs, diagrams and stubbed code
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Respond to and resolve production issues.
Required technical skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of significant experience in application development.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Experience working with high volume data and computationally intensive system.
- Garbage collection friendly programming experience - tuning java garbage collection & performance is a must.
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web & application server, GIT, Continuous Integration, unit-testing tool and defect management tools
- Domain knowledge in Financial Industry and Capital Markets is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Mentor teams, innovate and experiment, give face to business ideas and present to key stakeholders
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Build data pipelines
- Utilize platforms like snowflake, talend, databricks etc.
- Utilize cloud managed services like AWS Step functions, AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB
- Develop custom solutions using Apache nifi, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, Hive, and/or Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Develop federated data services to provide scalable and performant data APIs, REST, GraphQL, OData
- Write infrastructure as code to develop sandbox environments
- Provide analytical capabilities using BI tools like tableau, power BI etc.
- Feed data at scale to clients that are geographically distributed
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $83,200 - $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
267384 Posted On:
Princeton, New Jersey, United States