- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Manager Financial Planning & Analysis
Standort: New York City, NY, USAThe Financial Planning team is responsible for forecasting and budgeting Moody's financials. The team works closely with CFO and Controllership on internal and/or external reporting
The Planning Systems team has a current opportunity to add a Financial Systems Manager role. This person will lead or support key initiatives to automate and streamline business intelligence tools for forecasting and budgeting processes. The manager will collaborate with business and IT partners on projects, M&E development and operations support.
1. Collaborate with business leaders and IT counterparts to drive process and system improvements.
2. Ability to work with various departments to challenge existing system, data and reporting processes for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
3. Complete projects following IT's project life cycle policy; coordinate with various departments to meet project milestones and deliverables.
- Interact with business users to gather enhancement requirements and conduct thorough testing to ensure design is optimal and meets business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications document to be used by the IT developers.
- Act as functional expert to challenge soundness of technical design and resource effort.
5. Oversee annual budget and quarterly forecasts process to ensure the system process is smooth and well-supported.
6. Retain and supply supporting documents to verify data integrity to Internal and External Audit teams.
7. Provide guidance and serve as point of escalation for complex data and system issues and formulate plan to analyze, identify, test and resolve operational issues with the team.
8. Enhance system training programs and conduct training sessions to global business users.
9. Empower users to leverage existing tools to be self-reliant and keep them engaged in system activities.
Part of Moody's Shared Services the Finance Planning team is responsible for forecasting and budgeting Moody's financials. The team works closely with CFO and Controllership on internal and/or external reporting.
- Bachelor of Science or graduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Management Information Systems with 5 to 7 years of work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business analysis, system implementation and project management
- Experience in SDLC and other project methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Oracle Hyperion Essbase and Planning applications and in supporting budgeting, forecasting or related fields
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Hyperion Business Rules, Calc Scripts, Calc Manager, MAXL, MDX and Shared Services.
- Experience with desktop applications including Access, VBA and advanced Excel spreadsheet skills such as pivot tables
- Well-developed problem-solving capabilities and strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a good understanding of FP&A and Accounting processes and how it integrates with other areas in the organization
- Exceptional inter-personal skills
- Experience with SQL Server, SQL and\\or Microsoft Analysis Services
- Experience with Oracle EPM Cloud a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.