- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Markets - FX Origination Americas - Director
Markets - FX Origination Americas - Director
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18058460
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Description of the Position
• Citi is a leading DCM, ECM and M&A house. Given our dominant position as the largest FX bank across the globe, this role will leverage our position to originate FX deals on the back of Citi led events.
• New York and Latam Corporate FX Sales team leads FX dialogue with clients and presents them with the value-added advice, structures and services that suit their specific needs.
• FX Origination is a regional role that covers both North America and Latam and is part of the Risk Management Solutions team within the Americas Corporate FX Team
• This role will report into the Global Head of Risk Management Solutions as well as the Corporate FX Sales Heads of NAM and Latam
• Responsible for driving and executing Private side related FX business in North American and Latam
• Responsible for driving the strategy and direction for the business in order to increase revenues and enhance client engagement.
• Build strong working partnerships with FX Sales, Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, CMO, other product partners, Risk, Compliance, Ops and Trading to build and maintain a robust business
• Work in partnership with the Global FX Origination business to drive overall revenues and wallet share
• Work in partnership with the Americas RMS team to bring solutions to our clients that bring share of mind and increased wallet penetration
• Source, execute and maintain episodic FX pipeline of North American and Latam client opportunities linked to M&A and other CMO business for both Citi and non-Citi led transactions
• Build a strong working relationship with RMS team globally, FX sales heads in the Americas, FX Sales teams globally to work in collaboration with the teams
• Build a relationship with FX Brokers for sponsors ie PMC and Chatham to originate deals
• Be up-to-speed with local Latam regulations for both Equity and Debt as well as FX Regulations viz investment into various Latam countries, divestments, key stock market regulations eg formalities surrounding open offers, mandatory tender offers, initial public offering, inter-company cross border lending regulations and all FX regulations
• Have a sound understanding of the banks KYC procedures, credit allocation procedure, target market restrictions etc
• Set up a disciplined approach to pipeline reviews with IBD, CMO and corporate bank, with good follow-up on deal progress
• Maintain a detailed pipeline of deals and disseminate the M&A deal tracker to sales
• Build strong relationships with industry heads in IBD and have regular meetings to run them through pipeline, market updates, themes in the market etc
• Build relationships with key US Sponsors with help from Investment Banking and FX Brokers
• Be up-to-speed with FXLM dealing procedures
• Be adaptable and have quick turnaround on pitchbooks for various deals
• Engage with clients to pitch deals to clients along with IBD/ FX Sales
• Maintain a regular dialogue with trading on current pipeline [in line with FXLM procedures]
• Ensure you are advising clients on appropriate hedging strategy on a transaction [FX forwards/ Options/ Deal Contingents etc]
• Understand the principles and process of conflict clearance. Pre clear trades with compliance and create a deal team post approvals
• Ensure that where the deals require analytical work, Risk Solutions team is pulled in
Have a good understanding and experience of the following:
• Foreign Exchange markets and products with over 5 years of experience
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships, negotiate and influence others
• Ability to work across Citi's matrix organization by Product, Regions and Segments.
• Sales process and best practices
• Working in high pressure situations with short time constraints
• Client facing with strong negotiation and influence skills
• Confidence in interacting with colleagues at all levels of management
• Adhere to Citi's compliance, supervision and controls framework
• Collaborative approach with a focus on partnership with key stakeholders to foster origination and promote cross-sell opportunities
• Act in the best ethical way and in line with Citi's Policies and Standards
• Working across organizational boundaries
• Strong leadership skills with ability to inspire teams and drive results
• Team player who works well with others
• Strong work ethic
• Methodical self-starter and ability to work independently
• Strong interpersonal, networking, and communication skills
• Ability to work in high pressure situations with short time constraints
• Experience advising on foreign exchange, currency derivative, or financial markets sales with a top investment, commercial bank or similar.
• Experience in M&A deals or large episodic transactions.
• Series 7 / 63