Metadata Analyst - Bloomberg Data Dictionary
Data has become a central component of all financial services businesses. Bloomberg plays a significant role by delivering normalized data to thousands of our clients. Bloomberg Data Dictionary Team:
Metadata is the key to using the data. It helps our clients discover and use Bloomberg data products.
We are in the midst of taking our metadata models to the next level using graph technologies. The goal is to improve existing models so that clients and internal applications can easily find and ingest Bloomberg data, which in turn increases our revenues. The Role:
This role is central to building Unified Metadata Model (UMM). The UMM will form the basis of all field metadata across Bloomberg. The metadata analyst will work with large structured data models and data sets to tackle sophisticated business demands. The analyst will help build and maintain the integrity of UMM by working with Engineering, Global Data and Product organizations.
In this exciting role we expect you to understand existing and new data content, and map it to appropriate metadata. You will identify all issues, and implement methods/processes to improve them.
The metadata analyst will have a high level of business, communication, and organization skills, so that they can work optimally with multiple internal partners and external clients.. You will present the output of your metadata models to business users (both non-technical and technical).
What's in it for you:
We'll trust you to:
- Fast growing business area
- Broad scope to understand and specify metamodel for a leading company
- Use new technologies including Semantic Models and Knowledge Graphs
We'd love to see:
- Understand client use cases for Bloomberg data and develop new data models for financial data
- Work with internal stakeholders to add and update metadata
- Evaluate the verity of metadata, and ensure that clients can use it in conjunction with data
- Take ownership for correcting issues with current metadata
You need to have:
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably at a financial services firm, fintech or a data provider
- Solid grasp of financial data
- Professional experience in data or metadata modelling
- An interest to learn about new technologies including RDF and Linked Data
- Bachelor degree in finance, business, data analytics or economics
- Python programming experience
- An understanding of or prior exposure to Bloomberg data
If this sounds like you, apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this information about the team:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.