Network Data Operations Engineer (VP)
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 21 Nov 18
Network Data Operations Engineer (VP)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businessesÃ¢Â€Â"and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI)
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) delivers and manages essential and innovative technology infrastructure solutions to Morgan StanleyÃ¢Â€Â™s businesses. EI is responsible for driving the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, mainframe servers and databases, distributed computing, wireless technologies, and associated end user capabilities.
This role is part of the specialized electronic trading infrastructure (SETI) team's high performance network operations team. The candidate will be part of a team that will evaluate, design and implement solutions in support of the global Morgan Stanley low latency, high speed trading plant. Working with the latest technologies across the entirety of financial products and leveraging industry knowledge and technical trends, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring customer requirements for low latency, high performance computing, security and efficient execution across complex routing are achieved.
- Extensive knowledge of Routing protocols and platforms BGP, OSPF, RIP, MP-BGP, MPLS, L2-VPN s, Multicast (PIM SM/DM/SSM) ASR1K, ISRg2, CRS-1/4/8.
- Experience with a technology vendor or systems integrator designing, and implementing the following Data Networking Products and technologies:
- CCIE or CCIE level experience
- IP Routing BGP, MP-BGP, OSPF, RIP, MPLS, L2-VPNs.
- IP Routing Platforms ISRg2, ASR1K, CRS-1/4/8., Juniper
- Switching Platforms Cisco Nexus, Cat3K, 4K, 6K, SUP6e/6le/7e/7le/8e, SUP32, SUP720, Arista (all models)
- Extensive knowledge of Switching concepts, platforms Spanning-tree protocol (RSTP, PVSTP+, 802.1q trunking), CEF, ARP, DHCP snooping, TCAM, Dynamic ARP inspection, IGMPv2/3, 3k, 4k, 6k platforms, SUP720/32, SUP6E/6LE/7E/7LE/8E.
- Extensive Knowledge of TCP/IP concepts TCP Slow-start, Dup-Acks, Retransmits, SACK, Subnetting, Supernetting
- Testing Suite IXIA, Spirent, Shundra, RFC2544 and IMIX/EMIX and test setup
- Desire to learn and adapt to new technology
- Ability to prioritize along with good time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to participate as part of a team.
- High level of initiative, proactive approach.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Sense of ownership/accountability
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the teams needs
- Honest, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to use Microsoft applications, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in UNIX or Linux.