Permit to Operate-PTO Controller (Lead Analyst, Process Assurance/Improvement)
Technology Services Group (TSG) leverages BNY Mellon's modern technology infrastructure to enable powerful business solutions while vigorously prioritizing our stability and resiliency.
Technology Production Services - TPS' people and products are critical to keeping "ON" the technology platform used everyday to access apps, process data and for us to communicate and collaborate in support of our clients. The Role
We are seeking a Permit To Operate Controller to join our Service Management Office.
The Service Management Office (SMO) is responsible for much of BNY Mellon's IT operational support capability. Within this fold, the SMO governs Change, Problem & Incident Management; drives Continuous Service improvement; oversees application & infrastructure production preparedness; provides Service Now platform growth & support.
You will be versed in Technology, Continuous Process Improvement, and familiar with IT operations support and production services. You will work with global project/application teams, technology subject matter experts and IT governance entities across our global organization.
- Act as a Permit to Operate (PTO) Controller
- Concierge for designated business lines
- Provide PTO process consulting to program and project teams
- Interface with PTO Domain Owners associated with Monitoring, Information Security, Quality Engineering, TSG Automation and Production Services
- Leverage Key Performance Indicators, provide governance oversight working with Production Service Executives and Leads
- Reduce operational risk assisting application teams toward properly obtaining their PTO
- Adhere to and assist with maintaining SMO PTO policies and procedures
- Facilitate actions in support of the PTO Controller role
- Produce metrics/key performance indicators; identify new measurements of quality
- Aid PTO Controllers with identifying and acting on improvement opportunities
- Assist with maintaining PTO tooling, user access, reporting and communications
- Testing PTO Service Now enhancements including stakeholder acceptance testing
- Seek out and implement risk adversity & automation opportunity
- Continual Process Improvement
- Identify and lead PTx Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) with a focus toward automation, streamlining workflow and tool integration
- Foster and support constructive Organizational Change Management
- Identify risks and issues presenting options for mitigation
- Manage stakeholder relationships
- Ensure stakeholder expectations are understood and managed
- Manage stakeholder communications and participation
- Promote effective individual and team performance
- Seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer partnerships
- Other responsibilities
- Communicate openly, honestly and constructively; treat all employees with dignity, respect and courtesy
- Comply with all company procedures, regulations and compliance activities
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is beneficial, 4-6 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Service Management Office experience desired
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational knowledge
- Ability to identify and document requirements
- Lead and drive work from concept to product
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies and solutions
- Ability to build consensus, influence others, and negotiate compromise
- Exposure to audit and regulatory compliance
- Able to successfully manage work with minimal guidance and supervision
- Skilled in use of MS-Team, MS-Office, Confluence, JIRA and Service Now
- Familiarity with DevOps, Agile / Scrum
- College degree or equivalent combination of IT education & experience
- ITIL, Six Sigma and/or PMP certifications a plus
- BNY Mellon strongly supports virtual collaboration; limited travel may be required
Participates in or leads a wide array of activities supporting the improvement of processes and procedures. Assesses business or process requirements, completes research and analysis to determine customer solutions or makes recommendations for alternatives and enhancements. Coordinates all processes to ensure employees are using and understanding best IT processes and methods through formal training, coaching and mentoring and reviews of project deliverables. Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates new methodology tools, provides guidance on tools, processes, forms and deliverables. Assists with developing project plans to support Process Improvement projects. Ensures adherence to process and quality standards through formal project/process reviews. Identifies strengths and weaknesses of existing processes, methods and tools through continuous process improvement feedback from the division. Recommends specific process changes based on findings. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is beneficial, 4-6 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.