Principal, Strategic Planning
Who we are
For over 230 years, Bank of New YorkMellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets,providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, andservices to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billionin revenues.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world ofinvestment services and investment management, and our businesses support thefull range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managingthe custody of over $30 trillion financial assets of the world's leadinginstitutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investingover $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a widerange of asset classes
- Providingcollateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through ourmarkets franchise
- Servingfamily offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager
- Providing afull suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advisinglarge global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providingintegrated managed data services to asset managers
In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financialtechnology companies and a convener of influential industry and marketstructure forums. What we are doing
A newly-formed global strategy team was launchedless than two years ago by our CEO to help develop and implement its long-termobjectives, shape external partnerships and alliances, and respond to theincreasingly dynamic financial services ecosystem. The group and its head,Akash Shah, report to CEO Todd Gibbons.
The team plays a central role in thebuilding of BNY Mellon's global strategy and narrative, working with seniorleaders to help shape the initiatives that build into the Bank's overallstrategic priorities. In addition, the strategy function leads an inter-disciplinaryportfolio of corporate and business priorities on themes such as growth,innovation, efficiency, and resiliency among others. The group also takes thelead in developing external partnerships with clients, technology and datacompanies, and industry alliances. This group is charged with developing strategy,incubating enterprise opportunities, and driving execution in partnership withbusinesses and other functions.
The function aspires to be a talent incubator for the Bank by providingexceptional developmental opportunities for high-potential colleagues. The teamis located in all of BNY Mellon's regional hubs - New York, London, and HongKong - and operate as a truly global function. Development opportunities foryou
Team members are amongst a tight group ofprofessionals, and will play a significant and senior role in shaping its prioritiesand operating model within the global bank. They will have unparalleledexposure to the senior leadership of BNY Mellon, its clients, and otherinfluential industry stakeholders. We are currently looking to fill seniorpositions at our global headquarters in Tribeca, New York, as well as in ourLondon offices. Role responsibilities
- Helpsdevelop, shape, and articulate BNY Mellon's global strategy and narrativeacross the Bank and within each individual business line
- Partnerswith Executive Team to capture business opportunities across the Bank, assessrelative value and sequencing, and track and support execution (i.e., "rapidresponse" team for important projects)
- Runs keyannual strategy processes (e.g., Investor Day)
- Maintains astrong external orientation, represents the Bank in key external forums, andprovides market "intelligence" from clients, industry, and other thoughtleaders
- Develops atalent incubator for the Bank by providing exceptional developmentalopportunities for high-potential people from within each business and function(i.e., rotation program.
- Works withindividual business and functional leaders to help shape their priorities andconnect into Bank-wide strategic narrative and priorities
- ConnectsChairman/CEO's agenda to cross-business priorities and (when needed) serves asa convener (e.g., technology & data opportunities)
- Identifiesopportunities and helps develop strategic external partners (e.g., with largeclients, technology companies, other industry stakeholders)
Business development & incubation
- Helpssource and incubate cross-business/new business ventures (e.g., in the dataspace)
The ideal candidate would have a passionfor and track record in:
- Beingentrepreneurial and self-directed - being able to take a conceptual businesschallenge from an initial set of facts and hypotheses to real, practicalsolutions
- Workingclosely with and counseling senior business leaders with the objective of beinga trusted advisor
- Beingintellectually curious and interested in the future of financial services andshaping an industry through one of its major stakeholders
- Managingcomplexity and leading multiple projects with an unrelenting focus andprioritization
- Being athoughtful communicator who can express complex ideas in simple, practicalterms for a wide range audiences
- Bring aglobal mindset and working across a diverse set of environments
The ideal candidate would ideally have:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- 6-10 years of relatedexperience preferred; experience in management consulting and/or wholesalebanking preferred
- Bachelor's degree inbusiness or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; MBAor other advanced degree preferred
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Strategy Global-HR17285 Requisition Number: