- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 19 Feb 18
Process Assurance Project Manager, AVP
Standort: New York City, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for supporting the goals of the BSD (application development/PM, architecture, & engineering) organization, by serving as a single point of contact and an SME for IT audit and SOX audit activities affecting BSD. They are expected to contribute to the development and growth of the function, by creating frameworks for the development, tracking, and execution of other controls and assurance-related initiatives within BSD.
- Gain a working understanding of Moody's internal audit process, become familiar with the BSD application portfolio, learn relevant internal policies, and demonstrate an excellent understanding of the required controls (PDLC, IT General Controls, Completeness/Accuracy Testing of Reports and Interfaces).
- Partner with the PPQA, Business Systems Project Managers, Technical Leads, Internal Auditors, and IT Risk Control teams to understand documentation, information and meeting requests from the auditors; and ensure that the PA team in partnership with BSD provides the requested information effectively and accurately.
- Independently build strong relationships with the IT RISK PMO and PPQA as a representative of BSD, enabling process adherence to the PDLC and SOX controls, and supporting BSD by mitigating audit findings and preventing future gaps from occurring.
- Provide guidance as an internal SME for audit/SOX control and/or PPQA compliance when scenarios and questions arise within BSD; escalate appropriately when issues emerge.
- Proactively identify potential gaps in controls or communications, so that remediation can be addressed as timely as possible; summarize any themes or similar issues accurately in a way that can be communicated to senior management for status reporting and escalation.
- Manage and enhance a tracking system for Internal Audit requests and other tasks, to facilitate the timely exchange of information; and minimize any stale, delayed, or past-due results.
- Identify and leverage opportunities for efficiency where similar or repeat requests are made; work with teams to address or respond independently from the Process Assurance body of knowledge as a representative of BSD. Learn the comprehensive Transformation & Strategic Delivery portfolio in order to identify and recommend areas of synergy, in a culture of continuous improvement.
- Independently create professional-caliber reports as needed to facilitate discussions, communicate issues or concerns, suggest strategic improvements, and highlight monthly progress to the BSD Management Team.
Business Services Delivery (BSD) consists of 5 major development towers, and the Office of Transformation and Strategic Delivery (TSD). They provide BAU support and maintenance for Legacy applications and also drive major change through the Transformation initiatives and the Chief of Staff Office. The Process Assurance function resides within the TSD tower for coverage across all of BSD, as well as Architecture and Engineering. This function was created to provide greater visibility of IT risk and assurance related activities to IT management and coordinates all of these activities centrally for BSD applications and colleagues.
- Strong, enterprise-wide business acumen to operate within this control point function, while being flexible to changing business needs, and showing a deep understanding of how technology enables a business. A knowledge of standard SDLC processes is required.
- 8-10 years of experience in a PMO, IT Risk or IT Internal Audit function in the regulated financial services industry; Big 4 Experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, with the ability to calibrate the message to various levels of management and job functions; and give meaningful, concise presentations to management.
- Good influencing skills within the team; department; across departments; and to various levels of management - able to resolve conflicts across functions, focus on common goals and strive for delivery of shared outcomes and goals.
- Excellent consulting skills, in influencing and partnering with end users and BSD Management as a thought leader, SME, and representative for the TSD services catalog.
- Ability to work well under pressure, respond to tight deadlines and exercise excellent judgment in setting priorities for own work, and the work of any direct reports.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, to create and maintain documentation repositories that are appropriately controlled and useable by others, while managing multiple requests and deadlines at the same time.
- A self-starter, solution-oriented team player with leadership skills, and a desire to grow their career.
- Excellent MS Office skill set; Excel, SharePoint, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Internal Audit Standards, methodologies, IT General Controls, and IT SOX testing programs expected.
- Proficiency in Project Management methodologies, tools and techniques, and familiarity with process Industry Standards and Best Practices such as Six Sigma, CMM, ITIL, TQM required
- Advanced credentials expected, demonstrating mastery and proficiency in the relevant skillsets, such as PMP, CIA, CISA, CRMA, ScrumAlliance, COBIT, and/or MBA.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.