Product Associate - Enterprise Technology
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, lead sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating and optimally supervising these systems so that data moves accurately across the enterprise, at higher speeds and with lower costs. That's where we come in. Bloomberg's products put control in our customers' hands. Our Enterprise Technology product team is helping Bloomberg to modernize and evolve to meet the demands of our customers and to adapt to market forces. What's the Role?
Bloomberg's Enterprise Technology team is responsible for the development and deployment of the global enterprise connectivity and integration capabilities within Bloomberg. We are seeking a strong, junior-level software Product Manager Associate to join the New York team. As part of this team, you will be focused on delivery management, project management, and product operations.
Client experience is integral to our products, including the Enterprise Console, the centralized interface that gives our customer's technology and operations teams transparency into every connected system-including Bloomberg, proprietary, and third-party offerings. Users can configure new processes, modify and enrich them with data, and supervise the health of highly coordinated workflows, as well as craft alerts for these processes.
You will work with various stakeholders such as engineering, product managers, product designers, and business partners. With your project management expertise, strong technical understanding, and a data-driven approach, you will manage and facilitate the Enterprise Technology team's product feature delivery. You will also be responsible for product operations activities as needed, such as project reporting and ad hoc testing. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Provide input on the vision and product strategy with metrics that advise the success of products
- Defend the product roadmap and work with engineering to take their roadmap to execution
- Provide input on business and technical standards across multiple business lines and capture developmental plans, priorities, and budgets
- Support and enable Senior Product Managers throughout the product development lifecycle
- Handle a sophisticated set of competing priorities and influences to get consensus from different partners
- Contribute to the strategic future expansions of product offerings
We'd Love to See:
- 3+ years in a Product Management Associate role
- 3+ years in Enterprise SaaS/PaaS in an Associate role
- Experience with enterprise integration as well as financial data transfer protocols like FIX, SWIFT, MQ, SFTP, and Web Services
- Experience improving the observability of high-scale distributed systems
- Experience with data models and data formats (JSON, XML)
- Capital markets and financial technology experience
- Web User Interface collaboration experience working with UX teams
- Outstanding project operational and delivery skills and ability to clearly articulate ideas and garner support for initiatives
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile Product Development environment
- Proficiency presenting to both technical and business audiences, including senior management and large and diverse audiences
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States; you will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
- Software Engineering background or equivalent technical experience
- Web API, Cloud, and Mobile App development experience
- Data Analytics experience using any of: Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Spark, Flink, microservices, Tensor Flow, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra, and/or RESTful APIs -Experience with Jira
- Proficiency with the Google suite of applications
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.