Product Solutions Analyst Lead
Who we are:
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
What we do:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
Middle Office Services is a growth business within Asset Servicing where significant investment is being made to create an industry leading solution for investment managers to outsource their middle office functions. BNY Mellon offers a complete range of product services to meet investment managers' needs across trade support, derivatives lifecycle, collateral management, bank loans, portfolio accounting (IBOR), reconciliations, investment performance, data delivery, reporting, and data management functions.
We have over 28 years' experience within this business, and are trusted by clients worldwide who benefit from our global scale and expertise, based on:
- 1,400 professionals in three regional hubs (US, EMEA, APAC)
- 25M+ daily transactions volumes
- $30M annual technology investment
- 78 clients contracted for full or component middle office services
Middle Office is seeking a Product Solutions Analyst for Middle Office services. We are looking for an individual to join the team with buy side business analysis experience, deep asset management knowledge, product solutions skills and experience delivering outsource solutions to investment managers. You will be joining a collaborative cross functional team working together to enhance and support a new platform and operating model, new products and services, and enhanced transparency tools for our clients.
- Partners with a cross functional team to define and deliver the Middle Office Trade Servicing product roadmap that includes new strategic capabilities, client solutions and market driven changes
- Work with the Product team and Engineering teams to create and maintain a standard product offering while delivering client solutions ensuring we create flexible, scalable and value adding multi-client capabilities that are consistent across clients
- Participate and drive client meetings to perform efficient and accurate due diligence around consuming and processing client trades through the Middle Office platform.
- Identify existing platform gaps and solutions required to address these gaps as part of onboarding new clients and asset types onto the platform.
- Create stories and requirements for the engineering team to work as needed for onboarding new clients, adding new platform capabilities and processing new asset types.
- Partner with Technology and Operations in creating requirements and designs for providing new functional capabilities, processing new asset product types and onboarding complex multi asset multi market investment managers
Experience & Qualifications:
- Create and present standard product capabilities throughout sales, due diligence, implementation and the post implementation lifecycle
- Participate in the creation of product marketing strategies and materials
- Lead and provide technical guidance to cross-functional teams inc. relationship managers, operations, technology, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide strategic direction on product competitors, client trends and market status.
- Act as the product SME as part of a cross functional teams comprising Product, Technology and Operations.
We are seeking candidates with:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- 10+ years financial experience with 5+ years' experience related to buy-side investment operations:
- A deep understanding of investment operations including the trade lifecycle, security origination and other downstream services
- Trade processing experience with equities, fixed income, REPOS, TBAs, FX, Exchange traded derivatives.
- Practical understanding of end to end middle office services and downstream data requirements including portfolio accounting, collateral management, client reporting and corporate action servicing.
- Knowledge/experience with originating the above securities in a security master is a plus
- Experience in the financial services/asset management business analysis domain
- Client facing skills and demonstrated ability to lead and influence partners at all levels of the firm, clients, and other third parties
- Bachelor's degree in business management or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Hands on experience working with data transformations and ETL tools