Program Manager Trade and Transactional Reporting Program
As part of the BNY Mellon Regulatory, Control, and Resiliency Operations, our team is responsible for enhancing and implementing reporting for new and change regulations for Global Markets reporting obligations including the implementation of the strategic vision for data governance, control and monitoring for new and existing Transaction and Trade Regulatory Reporting. The BNYM TRR Program is a strategic and multi-year initiative to deliver a robust quality assurance and control process over all regulatory trade and transaction reporting across 9 regulators and 16 regulations for all Markets products and entities.
The Project Manager role is to manage a small to medium-sized team of Business Analysts who are the primary contacts for internal and external delivery on the TRR Program for a specific Workstream. The Project Manager is responsible for the end-to-end project management activities as reporting, planning, and tracking, scope management, issue and risk identification, escalation, estimation, and senior leadership relationship management. The role will include direct line management and performance responsibilities. Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison between internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of project change on time, within budget, and to business and technical requirements
- Manages communications with the business at a detailed and senior level, discussing critical issues and their resolution
- Ensures project and change delivery is in line with BNYM governance, audit, and compliance requirements
- Manages all project financial activities, such as budgeting, forecasting, and the accurate booking of time and costs
- Provides guidance and coaching to the team, and wider program, to drive high-value delivery and timely performance
- Manages projects at a detailed level (plans, work break down structures, scheduling, and dependency management). Holds regular status meetings and/or daily stand-ups to facilitate delivery and issue resolution
- Applies a strategic and long-term focus to ensure that delivery is not impacted, and a wide range of factors are considered which may require a change in plans or approach over-time
- Provides guidance on development of the functional requirements and user documentation.
- Ensure that end users are trained users on new or enhanced applications and/or systems of higher complexity, including all operationalization tasks that are required to ensure successful delivery
- Identifies best practices and share these within the business line
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required
- 5-7+ years of total work experience within the f inancial industry (Markets experience preferred)
- Experience leading change in regulatory and trade reporting is highly desirable
- Project Management (PMP) or Prince2 qualifications preferred
- Agile delivery certification preferred
- Confident in delivering succinct and high-quality updates to senior stakeholders in the form of written materials or presentations
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships, confident communicating at all levels with key decision makers in the departments across locations
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under time pressure
- Direct experience of line management, coaching and developing teams
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.