Quantitative Associate Director or Director - Model Validation Group
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Model Validation Group (MVG) is part of the Criteria Review and Approval Group and sits within the Credit Policy Group (CPG). The core objective of the department is to ensure the quality and consistency of Fitch’s ratings with its credit rating criteria. The MVG team focuses on reviewing and validating all models used in the credit rating analysis across Fitch Ratings and works closely with the Criteria Officers to achieve CPG’s objective.
We are seeking an Associate Director / Director level quantitative analyst to join the Model Validation Group. In this position, you will have the opportunity to review various types of credit rating models, such as default models, cashflow models, capital models, regression models covering asset classes of ABS, CMBS, Covered Bond, RMBS, Structured Credit, corporates, financial institutions, insurance, sovereigns, etc. You will be teamed up with other validation analysts to review model codes, build replica models, conduct comprehensive testing, discuss review observations with the model owners and developers, and write review reports.
- Master’s Degree in quantitative disciplines
- Quantitative and financial modelling experience in Excel and VBA
- Exposure to C++, Python, R, XML or database is a plus
- 3+ years experience in financial modelling
- Capable to explain and communicate model review observations and model technical aspects clearly
- Self-motivation and ability to manage timelines across multiple projects
- Thorough attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Previous exposure to credit rating analysis or credit modelling a plus
- Knowledge in structured finance and cash flow models a plus