Working with the most renowned quantitative Hedge Funds and Trading Firms in the world, based across NYC and Chicago, who are looking to hire top Ph.D graduates, post-docs or assistant professors with exceptional mathematical/computational ability. In particular, I’m looking for candidates with top publications and impact to their field of research, excellent academic awards / competition results OR very strong Machine Learning / high-performance computing technical skills.
A leading quantitative investment manager is hiring experienced researchers (postdoctoral fellows, faculty, scientific lab, finance industry) to create and improve proprietary trading models and strategies while working closely with a deep bench of senior researchers.
We have a highly successful record of hiring, challenging, and retaining talented researchers from diverse academic backgrounds. Individuals interested in conducting innovative research with real-world impact seem to enjoy and excel at the types of problems we like to solve.
We work in small, nimble teams where merit and contribution, not seniority, drive the discussion. We strive to foster an intellectually challenging environment that encourages collaboration and innovative ideas.
In our research-driven approach to the financial markets, our Chief Scientist oversees the group-wide research agenda, ensuring team members work on the most critical and interesting problems, with a focus on research rigor and standards.
Why join us? We have a stellar twenty-five-year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. Our very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Work closely with senior researchers on a variety of trading strategies and research projects, with the opportunity to conduct independent research and originate research topics over time
- Contribute to the long-term success of our research-driven algorithmic trading business
- PhD in math, statistics, physics, computer science, electrical engineering, operations research or other highly-quantitative and analytical discipline
- Solid mathematical and analytical ability; exceptional problem-solving and modeling ability
- Strong research intuition
- Strong programming skills (Python, R, Matlab, C++)
- Excellent communication and collaborative white board skills
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, and innately driven to understand issues deeply
- Experience with/interested in working with large data sets
- Self-motivated and highly-productive, with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Able to work collaboratively and productively with others
- Enjoy solving complex, difficult, real-world problems
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Finance knowledge is not required or expected