Real Estate - BPP Fund and Portfolio Management, Associate (51)
Job Description: Associate - Real Estate - BPP Fund and Portfolio Management Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $457 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Real Estate Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone's real estate business was founded in 1991 and has approximately $120 billion in investor capital under management. Blackstone's real estate portfolio includes hotel, office, retail, industrial and residential properties in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America. Blackstone real estate also operates one of the leading real estate finance platforms, including management of the publicly traded Blackstone Mortgage Trust.
We are seeking a Fund and Portfolio Management Associate within our Core+ business to focus on Blackstone Property Partners U.S. ("BPP"), which is anchored by our open-ended Core+ fund. Since launching in 2014, BPP has grown to over $30 billion of total asset value and over $15 billion of net asset value. BPP is a part of the broader Core+ business, which is the fastest growing segment within Blackstone Real Estate, with over $30 billion of investor capital under management only four years after the launch of the business. Job Title:
BPP Fund and Portfolio Management Associate Job Description and Responsibilities:
Blackstone professionals will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of projects and be staffed on a number of assignments at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, team members have the opportunity to assume integral roles on the team. Associates will work on a wide range of projects and assignments. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for analytics around balance sheet, capital structure, and liquidity management
- Responsible for and ownership over portfolio analytics (e.g. performance, attribution, leverage, etc.)
- Oversee creation of internal presentations and reports (e.g. quarterly updates, strategy sessions, asset reviews, etc.)
- Assist with quarterly valuation and investor reporting processes with Asset Management, Finance, and IRBD
- Asset Management:
- Coordinate with Asset Management on key asset initiatives (e.g. refinancings, CapEx projects, asset sales, etc.)
- Work with portfolio companies and partners to manage and oversee portfolio information
- Investor Relations:
- Provide input into IRBD materials (e.g. investor reporting, diligence requests, LP conference, update calls, etc.)
- Monitor investment pipeline and coordinate with various parties to support closings
- Strategic Initiatives:
- Drive strategic initiatives, such as technology and data
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team oriented and collaborative
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Self-starter, highly organized, and detail oriented
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint
- 5-8 years' experience preferred
- Prior Real Estate Investment, Investment Banking, or Portfolio / Fund management experience preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.