- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- IHS Markit
- 13 Dez 18
The candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of a degree and is interested in working in an energy company as an intern. An engineering degree is an ideal qualification but a good technical or commercial degree will be accepted combined with industry knowledge in the downstream refining and petrochemical markets. The candidate should have some experience and be comfortable working with various modeling applications including Microsoft Excel, and simulation & linear programming models. Any experience gained doing detailed energy modeling for forecasting demand and supply will be a distinct advantage.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Manage, maintain and enhance proprietary supply and demand models and databases.
- Provide written market analysis and reasoned forecasts to both internal stakeholders and clients
- Deliver consulting projects delivering models customized for client needs.
- Contribute to consulting projects and deliverables by conducting market trend analysis, scenario planning and competitive assessment, using the models.
- Contribute to business development and client relationship management, including proposal development.
- Conduct training of model methodologies and usage for clients and internal colleagues and develop and maintain documentation for the model structure and functionalities.
- Demonstrate excellent written and spoken English
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, VBA programing is a plus.
- Conversant with the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (written and oral). Experience of public speaking to small and large groups is necessary.
- Must be highly motivated, able to work with minimum supervision and be able to work effectively and efficiently within a flexible global team environment
- The location is the IHS Markit Houston offices
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.