Risk Reporting Senior Analyst - Risk Data & Analytics; Risk Reporting & Analysis
The Risk Reporting Senior Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the analysis and preparation of reports for Internal Management, Regulators, Auditors, etc. that detail risks inherent in Credit, Market, Operational or other Risk Portfolios. Reporting covers a variety of areas including but not limited to: portfolio concentrations, limit exceptions, stress testing, loss reserves or high-risk exposures.
- Prepares, designs and controls regular and time-sensitive analytics, visualizations and reports to the risk managers, senior management, and regulators, with close collaboration with risk managers in the area of expertise.
- Centrally acquire all data related to a specific risk management area (market risk, wholesale and retail credit risk, treasury risk, operational risk and enterprise risk) while ensuring data quality, completeness and consistency.
- Resolves complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of basic operations and business processes, family procedures, and industry standards for business supported.
- Demonstrates ability to Lead projects and/or offer solutions at an advanced level, for assigned operations area.
- Liaises with multiple operations teams.
- Serves as analytical and/or procedural expert, representing a unit or team on cross function operational processes, project deliverables.
- Applies in-depth understanding of how various operational areas collectively integrate within the sub function.
- Applies in-depth knowledge to coordinate and contribute to initiatives that support the objectives of the operations function and overall business.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of business operations and develops of new techniques/processes for the area or function.
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined operations area. significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating to others in area.
- Evaluates moderately complex and variable operations issues that have substantial potential impact, and recommends changes to streamline processes as required.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years senior level experience in a related role
- Solid analytical skills and familiarity with quantitative analysis and tools
- FRM and/or CFA is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access. Skills in data, analytics, databases, data quality are desired; experience in Tableau, PowerBI, visualization is preferred.
- Coding experience in Python, R, SAS, Stata (or related statistics packages) with complex data is a plus
- Knowledge of and interests in finance, markets, risk management and economics
- Strong communication (verbal, written and visual), organizational & interpersonal skills are required
- Demonstrated strong execution capabilities.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree in science, engineering; or finance, economics; or related analytical fields is a plus
- Candidates with demonstrated excellence in non-analytical areas of study will be considered as well
Risk Management Job Family:
Risk Reporting Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting