SAP Risk and Financial Advisory Digital Controllership Sr. Consultant
Are you looking to assist Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), Chief Accounting Officers (CAOs), Controllers, and business unit finance leaders to help solve complex financial accounting and reporting issues through digital enablement? Our team of accounting and reporting specialists do just that. Join our talented team of specialists serving clients across all industries by leveraging and optimizing the use of core ERP technologies. Work you'll do
As part of the Controllership Digital team, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and applying relevant specialized accounting, regulatory standards, cost accounting concepts, financial close and consolidation/financial reporting, financial operations and applications across multiple industries.
- Generating innovative ideas to challenge the status quo - including exploring new digital technologies
- Designing accounting data models and rules engines to deliver higher quality and more accessible financial information
- Applying a deep understanding of Tier 1 ERP technologies (e.g., SAP and/or Oracle) to solve business issues in an efficient and effective manner
- Identifying client issues and managing day-to-day relationships
- Participating in engagement planning and budgeting; defining the work product structure and content; managing engagement economics, engagement risk and engagement timeline
- Contributing to the proposal development process
- Engaging in recruiting and retention activities
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
The team provides clients with an extensive range of accounting and reporting services designed to help enhance the value finance delivers to its overall business. We work with organizations to help them reduce risk and improve internal and external reporting capabilities to meet accounting and regulatory requirements, and/or enhance strategic decision making. Our deep experience also extends to governance in complex operating models and support for major business events and transactions, including capital markets transactions, derivatives and hedging advisory services.
Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Digital Controllership practice Qualifications
- 3 - 5 years of technical or advisory-related experience in entity and enterprise accounting, carve-out, and/or technical accounting, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting.
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and use of Digital technologies (e.g., SAP and/or Oracle) to solve business issues
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Economics or related field.
- Experience as a user of or administrator of a common ERP Finance and Reporting package (SAP, Oracle, JDE, Blackline, Trintech, etc)
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification, or working towards achieving one of these certifications.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Up to 80% travel (typically Monday - Thursday)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
How you'll grow
- Master's degree in Business, Systems or Accounting
- Configuration and implementation of finance/ accounting software applications
- Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATFSRCGB003-FTR