SSEOMS Product Manager
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 16 Jan 19
SSEOMS Product Manager
Bloomberg Sell-Side Execution & Order Management Solutions (SSEOMS), for sell-side equity firms, delivers global order and execution management solutions for front-end sales and trading, and middle and back office operations. SSEOMS is integrated with the core Bloomberg Professional service to offer a robust and complete order management system that allows for optimization of workflow, increased direct market access, management of risk and compliance, and improved operational efficiency.
What's the role:
As a key member of the global product development team you will help us further develop the product by introducing innovative and workflow-driven solutions to clients in the areas of trade and market intelligence, exchange connectivity, execution and order management, post-trade allocation, algorithms, and risk management.
You'll collaborate and partner, as a subject matter expert, on projects spanning across internal and external engineering teams and other product groups within Bloomberg, providing guidance and business requirements for a cross-asset sell-side order and execution management system.
Your focus will be on improving an existing suite of execution and order management systems. You will be an integral part of our collaborative team of product managers and engineers to ensure proper prioritization and requirements gathering from prospects in the region. You will be tasked with documenting existing state vs future state workflows, providing detailed specifications in line with the needs of all stakeholders including end client and internal support and administration teams. In addition you will have to work with multiple Bloomberg product lines and product managers to deliver an integrated look and feel.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive innovation around our SSEOMS product offering - working collaboratively to define product development and integrate solutions
- Have a good understanding of the Equities market microstructure
- Work with our clients to interpret functional gaps, impacts, and workflow requirements
- Produce detailed business requirements documents for OMS and EMS workflows and components
- Support and co-ordinate UAT, defining testing requirements together with the QA team as well as the business users
- Execute activities such as risk / mitigation analysis, requirements specification development, working with team on initial project estimates, managing scope and internal / external expectations throughout the project life-cycle
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure product and workflow relevancy, appropriate integration and commercial viability
You'll need to have:
- Sell Side OMS / EMS domain or design expertise is needed
- Extensive experience as a product manager or business analyst at exchanges, broker-dealer, banks, or vendor
- Strong knowledge in equities electronic trading and high level platform architecture.
- The ability to articulate Algo and DMA execution workflows, order management, risk management, market data and exchange connectivity
- Extensive Knowledge of FIX protocol, Business application of FIX, in-bound Client Connectivity as well as out-bound Broker and Exchange Connectivity is a plus
- Knowledge of data structure, data objects, and client workflows
- Experience in project management and production cycle
- Understanding of financial markets structure, the competitive landscape, trading processes, and related technologies
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of pre/intra/post-trade TCA, regulatory mandates and market structure
- Strong analytical and problem solving experience
- Technical document writing expertise
- International experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.