- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
SVP – Data Scientist Lead
Standort: New York City, NY, USAThe newly created Finance Data & Analytics organization is looking for a SVP - Data Scientist Lead to build Finance's data science organization. The role requires an innovative leader who would help determine the team's required technologies, resources and methodology. The team's mission is to transform the way the Moody's Finance organization (i.e., Corporate Controllership, FP&A, Treasury, etc.) leverages data as an asset to draw insights and influence decision making, utilizing advanced analytics and intelligent automation.
- Identify and recruit the required data science resources; initially manage a team of up to three data scientists in the first year with growth expected thereafter.
- Provide thought leadership to determine the tools, technology and methodology required to build a long-term and scalable data science organization
- Partner with the Finance leadership team to generate hypotheses and create analytic models/solutions that answer impactful business questions by leveraging company data
- Direct experimental data modelling to create new metrics, benchmarking reports and automation / machine learning opportunities
- Explore best-in-class opportunities to leverage third-party data sources
- Present findings and results to key stakeholders, technical and non-technical audiences, internally and externally
- Enable a culture within Finance that embraces a new way of working with data and automation
- Take initiative and stay up-to-date with the latest data science trends, techniques, and best practices, determining how to incorporate the most suitable practices
Required We are looking for a candidate with extensive knowledge in machine learning, statistical models, and data mining tools, and a proven track record of working with large structured and unstructured data sets to extract timely, actionable insights. Other qualifications include:
- Graduate Degree in statistics, computer science, math, finance, economics, or a closely related field.
- Technologically adept and demonstrate an understanding of database and computer software.
- 10-12 years of experience in research and/or data science experience in finance.
- Experience managing and building a data analytics team.
- Experience in statistical and modeling packages such as MATLAB, R, visualization and other advanced analysis tools.
- Experience in data management programming such as SQL, PL-SQL, and Python.
- Experience with SAP Business Warehouse and SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Ability to test hypotheses from raw data sets and draw conclusions.
- Understanding of predictive models, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Ability to identify and evaluate automation opportunities.
- Interpersonal skills: Be proactive, self-driven with strong collaboration skills, requiring minimal supervision; promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment; be open and welcoming to change; be a creative and strategic thinker, have an ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, or similar cloud platform is a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.