Scrum Leader - Fixed Income & Foreign Exchange Execution Management Systems
Bloomberg's Fixed Income & Foreign Exchange EMS group connects traders to the markets and gives them powerful tools to streamline their workflow and enhance their performance. We provide a multi-asset trading platform to manage order lifecycle, monitor real-time analytics, and connect with dealers and trading venues globally. Our products cover trading functionality across a wide range of asset classes, including sovereign and corporate bonds, FX, munis, mortgages, derivatives, repos, commodities and more. These are some of the most complex and opaque parts of the financial market. This trading activity impacts many, including anyone who has a retirement account/plan. The mission of our team is to bring electronic trading to these markets making it safer, accessible and more transparent.
With an increasing number of teams, we have an opportunity for a new scrum leader to create an environment which is self-organized, innovative and most importantly agile. While our current approach is rooted in the agile scrum principles, our goal is to align all the teams with more consistent processes and structures allowing them to be more collaborative and deliver effectively.
The Individual in this role will work with multiple teams that manage various projects and assist with executing their vision. Our group is pulled in many different directions by both technical and product needs. We need to remain focused on a plan that will deliver maximum value in an interactive fashion. You will need to hold the team accountable to commitments made and be able to manage conversations with contrasting views between engineering and product. You will work directly with an Engineering Manager and Product Owner to curate roadmaps and also reporting structure so that we can measure success and overall progress as a group while planning for future iterations. We want to invest in bringing a cultural shift by promoting behaviors and habits that allow for better collaboration and effective delivery, while maintaining a continuous improvement mindset that harnesses the power of continuous changes. We will trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Facilitates meetings and discussions including Scrum Events, general Scrum onboarding of new team members, user story slicing, Quarterly planning and PI planning.
- Empower team to keep artifacts organized, updated and visible. In addition, identify opportunities for knowledge transfer sessions within the team and with other partners.
- Perform ongoing assessments of the teams's agile maturity and suggest process improvements needed to improve future velocity and capabilities.
- Help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increase their predictability, collaboration and quality practices.
- Guide teams to understand the "why" behind the practice- sprint events (stand-up, demos, retrospectives), road-mapping, backlog management( definition, refinement, prioritization).
- Partner with Product Owners(POs) to ensure vision, road-map and personas are well defined in advance, to help with future iteration planning.
- Be able to draw upon different techniques and practices to grow the team, such as Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies with the overarching goal of sustained agility throughout the organization.
We'd love to see:
- Certified Scrum master or Certified Scrum Professional (CSM or CSP)
- 4+ years of hands-on experience practicing Scrum/Kanban methodologies at a technology firm ideally in the finance industry.
- Experience in performing duties as a team level coach to help enhance its agile maturity and in calculating a continuous improvement mindset.
- Experience in working and collaborating with Engineering and Product leadership to plan product delivery both at a sprint, quarterly and product increment level.
- Knowledge and/or experience in operating within scaled agile frameworks such as Large Scale Scrum(LeSS, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), etc.
- Advance knowledge/ experience of Atlassian tools such as Jira, formulating dashboards and structure using complex query.
- Scrum Leader Experience working in a financial domain or equivalent experience.
- Experience in planning and executing agile workshops/ training at a team/group level.
- Experience in facilitating/ leading agile transformation in an organization that previously followed traditional/waterfall software development processes.
- Desire to continuously grow and develop by independently educating self through training, conferences and user group participation.
- Experience in dependency management between both single product and cross functional team and display team progress and future projection through metric driven mindset.
- Experience in developing teams and individuals through an agile mindset with team health and work life balance in mind.
- Desire to be impactful to both the scrum team and different areas within the Bloomberg organization.
- Inhibit the mindset of a servant leader who puts the scrum team first while being mindful of business commitments.
- Previous project management experience preferred and able to manage teams that support both single and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Build advanced Jira dashboards with complex queries.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.