IvyExec.com is a leading online career platform for successful business professionals. With over 2.5 million executives within our global online membership, Ivy Exec partners with organizations that wish to gain visibility to this highly sought-after, high caliber demographic. Our Corporate and University clients include MIT, INSEAD, SalesForce, Deloitte Consulting, Nielsen, and others. Ivy Exec has been recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the US for 3 consecutive years.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join and help build our growing Accounting team. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of various workstreams and contributing to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of external reporting processes and internal controls, as well as a thorough understanding of Ivy Exec’s multifaceted business. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Ownership over month-end close activities and account reconciliations for Market Insights, Higher Education, Career Advisory Services, B2C revenue, and the posting of applicable month end journal entries.
- Ensure complete and accurate month-end reconciliations for relevant Capital accounts.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Review relevant expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting.
- Monitoring and handling of cash flow management and forecasting.
- Oversee Accounts receivable and accounts payable (reconciliation process)
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets.
- Processing payroll for US and European offices
- Process monthly and quarterly Commissions for sales and delivery teams
- Oversee weekly processing of honorariums (Market Insights Division)
- Continue to develop accounting and operational policies.
- Work with external accountant to prepare annual tax return.
- Sales Tax processing
- Insurance audit processing (workers comp and disability)
- Oversee 1099 processing
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Using: Quickbooks, Payment Processing Softwares, Expensify, Monday.com, GSuite
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Strong Internal Reporting Skills
- Strong Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets.
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience with Quickbooks, Payment Processing Softwares
- Industry experience in business to business consulting and/or technology companies
- Experience in a high growth organization