A top-tier institutional asset management firm based in midtown Manhattan is currently looking to hire a Senior Associate, Client Service with 3 - 5 years of client service / marketing experience at an asset management firm, hedge fund or private bank. This is a great opportunity to work at an asset management firm with a strong track record.
Senior Associate, Client Service
The Senior Associate, Client Service supports all aspects of the client servicing effort and is a key member of the Relationship Management team. The role includes day to day responsibility for assigned relationships and acts as the primary back-up to a Relationship Manager (RM) on all shared accounts.
- Anticipate and address with RMs as well as independently to ensure the full range of client portfolio needs are met, account start-up and integration are completed seamlessly, and account and relationship issues are addressed promptly
- Preparation of third-party correspondence including performance reports, quarterly questionnaires, audit responses, etc.
- Prepare RM and key investment professionals for client meetings, including but not limited to a detailed review of presentation materials, coordination of relevant account information, in addition to compiling ad-hoc value-add material as appropriate
- Organize and maintain client data in CRM system, audit existing client and account information and documentation, keep content and recipient information accurate and up to date
- Update and maintenance of a web-based data collection system for reporting investor level performance data to Consultants
- Serve as back-up for client service team members to ensure the needs of clients are met at all times
- Effectively partner and collaborate with various teams, such as Marketing, Sales, Legal, Compliance, Operations and Investment Research to deliver top-tier service
- Ability to lead and execute strategic projects to streamline and evolve client service processes
- 3-5 years of client service experience within the asset management industry
- Intellectual curiosity, specifically toward the financial industry and active management
- Established presentation skills and public speaking
- Strong relationship builder, both internal and external, as well as demonstrate excellent people savvy skills
- Excellent organization skills, resourceful and demonstrated ability to work both independently and in collaboration
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and independent problem solving
- Demonstrate ability to break down complex problems and offer solutions
- Ability to complete work independently in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with client, prospects and colleagues
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint; ability to learn other applications as required; Advent Portfolio Exchange and CRM experience (SalesForce) a plus