Senior Associate, Risk Analyst
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Senior Associate, Risk Analyst
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Financial Risk Management function at New York Life is responsible for oversight and coordination of financial risk management program across the business based on a systematic, integrated risk framework.
We are looking to fill a Risk Analyst position to support our various risk assessment, measurement, monitoring and reporting activities, working collaboratively with all of the business units and other corporate functions.
The successful candidate will gain an in-depth knowledge of risk management across risk types and businesses, and be offered considerable opportunity for personal development.
- Assist in the analysis and reporting of risk management information to senior management, the Board of Directors, regulators, and other constituents
- Assist in development and production of risk monitoring reports to support financial risk management oversight
- Develop and maintain Monte Carlo simulation and stress testing models of the firm's asset and liability portfolios
- Assist in the continued development and refinement of firm-wide risk analytics, aggregation and reporting capabilities
- Assist in projects designed to support the continued enhancement of the risk management framework and its implementation across the company, with special emphasis on external risk reporting
- Master's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or Risk Management, plus 1-3 years work experience or a Bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years work experience and/or relevant professional certification such as a Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) or FRM/PRM
- Strong quantitative background, including working knowledge of quantitative methods and information technology applied to finance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, fast learner, and team-focused.
- Understanding of investments and capital markets.
- Experience in the insurance industry a strong plus.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.