Senior Business Analyst - Technology Monitoring
Who We Are
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
What We Do Enterprise Change Resiliency Office Overview (ECRO)
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
for BNY Mellon, a first-line enterprise-wide office, which leads the Firm's change management and resiliency functions. Enterprise Resiliency Office Overview (ERO)
BNY Mellon's ERO aligns, centralizes and integrates our resiliency disciplines and capabilities to deliver timely and effective incident identification, impact assessment, escalation, communication and resolution; provide clients with superior service; and deliver resilient, world-class products and services. We leverage best practices, lessons learned from our enterprise-wide operational activities and feedback from our partners to continuously improve our resiliency posture. Role Overview
The Senior Specialist, Business Analysis, role will develop and deploy real time monitoring capabilities across Priority and Critical Business Service end to end flows that provide Operations and Business stakeholders with the metrics/KPI's required to proactively detect issues, quantify impact and triage incidents. Role Specific Job Responsibilities
General Job Description
- Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program.
- Formulates and defines program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain. Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models.
- Documents business process flows and data flows across systems provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation.
- Conducts analysis and confirms results, identifies issues related to data, data sourcing and business processing.
- Executes data mapping for source applications to business context including process flow - defines complex business rules/logic for enrichment including calculations, reference data and data lineage.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data findings into key insights for senior business stakeholders and provides design feedback into UI/UX design.
- Defines test cases and execute testing including functional and regression testing.
- Coordinates User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with Business and Technology SMEs and document results for functional and regression testing.
- Partners with development to coordinate release cycles, prioritized based on Product Owner guidance.
Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program. Formulates and defines program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain. Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Prepares and manages the project plan, issues and risks, and is accountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred. Math/Stats major would be beneficial but not required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in providing consulting advice to Senior IT and Business Management is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Business/Data Analysis and Quantitative Background
- Technical Skills
- Experience in Business and Data including writing business requirements and functional specifications, including business rules, UI/UX requirements and analytics.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking, strong Microsoft excel and PowerPoint skills (SQL, Tableau knowledge is beneficial but not required).
- Technical and data manipulation experience with Excel (pivot, VLOOKUPs, advance formulas).
- Previous work in an agile environment, leveraging JIRA / Confluence.
- Soft Skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate results of complex analysis findings to both technical and non-technical audiences .