Senior Compliance PMO Manager
The role will serve as a compliance risk manager who will collaborate with the broader ICRM teams, business partners, technology and global functions to drive the implementation of strategies, tactics and action plans to meet Citi ICRM mission requirements, consistent with Citi's risk appetite. The Senior Compliance Project Management Office (PMO) Manager is accountable for management of complex and critical strategic control programs and projects. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Drives short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for key strategic control programs. As a representative and extension of the Citi ICRM brand, this person enhances the safety and soundness of Citi by developing trusted networks, engaging in information sharing and best practice evaluations. This person is responsible for assessing complex issues, structuring potential solutions, and driving to resolution with senior stakeholders. Demonstrated experience and success in transformational change management processes and practices is necessary.
Key Activities include:
- Develop and enhance the framework and establish standards for the execution of strategic control initiatives, inclusive of interaction with and requirements for functions not directly under ICRM management governance and oversight.
- Direct the scoping, resourcing, budgeting and organization of multiple programs and manage their alignment to ICRM goals.
- Leads the facilitation, coordination, and arbitration of cross functional macro level topics within/across projects and with Senior Management.
- Ensure that the end-to-end impacts of the changes being implemented as part of the programs are understood, resourced and prioritized.
- Leads the identification and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established projects of work with stakeholders to ensure project scope definition.
- Interface with Internal Audit to facilitate reviews and validation of the Program deliverables
- Assists project team in negotiating for resources owned by other departments in order ensure the project can be completed.
- Directs the communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including Senior Management, on a timely basis.
- Achieve successful execution of projects on time, with quality and within budget. Drive operational efficiency as regulatory book of work continues to evolve.
- Working collaboratively with senior Citi management across business and functional lines in recommending, developing and executing on business initiatives within permissible statutory and regulatory frameworks.
Direct the scoping, resourcing, budgeting and organization of multiple programs and manage their alignment to business goals. Education Level Required:
Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; extensive experience in area of focus; previous experience managing a diverse staff Preferred:
Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus Knowledge and Skills Required:
- At least 10 years' demonstrated performance in a highly regulated environment. Compliance or similar function preferred.
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Experience with the development of Board level and U.S. Regulators level communication, ability to articulate complex problems and facilitate the definition and implementation of solutions through crisp and clear messaging.
- Strong track record of interacting and working with Senior Leaders. The role requires subject matter expertise, and the finesse to work with industry leaders and senior executives.
- Demonstrated success in managing highly complex project management activities with agility, a sense of urgency and clear solution mitigation.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Compliance programs and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses.
- Ability to challenge business management and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities and comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility.
- Ability to quickly pivot and get up-to-speed on key remediation efforts.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Deep and broad operations knowledge and change management implementation experience - demonstrated by examples of leading, scaling and executing against global strategic programs.
- Role model for and driver of a culture of ethics, learning and accountability. Positive, can-do attitude, action and results-oriented, decisive, and willing to take control of a situation when required; trusted advisor with sound judgment even when operating under pressure or significant stress.
Job Family Group:
- Project Management certifications preferred, but not required.
- Significant knowledge and expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and appropriate controls
Project and Program Management Job Family:
Project Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting