Senior Data Associate CASA
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- S&P Global
- 10 Dez 18
Senior Data Associate CASA
The Role: Senior Data Associate
The Location: New York
Grade (relevant for internal applicants only): 10A
S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Team: The Content Acquisition and Strategic Alliances (CASA) team is the market data advisory group to the S&P Global enterprise. The CASA group currently leads this function for S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Ratings Services, S&P Platts and Kensho and is prepared to support and assume responsibility for additional businesses. CASA has a collaborative, dedicated & strategic approach to content acquisition, data sharing, savings/synergies and governance.
The Impact: You will support the centralized function responsible for the acquisition, utilization, and distribution of 3rd party content and services globally. The role will establish and maintain relationships with various providers (primarily in the Americas and across other regions as necessary), and help implement internal controls to ensure that use of such content and services contracts meet the needs of our businesses and ensure S&P Global's compliance with all terms and conditions. This position will be based in New York, NY.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to interact with people across our global organization
- Opportunity to learn about a variety of market data products and services
- Build and expand your knowledge of market data vendors and their product offerings
- Commercial deal and contractual negotiations - vendor selection process, negotiation of commercial terms and finalize into complete and executed agreements, obtain necessary business partner approvals, and post-execution management of rights and obligations for vendor partnerships. For larger/broader partnerships, collaborate with other CASA colleagues, including the head of CASA, as necessary.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the company's third party content and service providers, keeping up to date on the latest offerings and vendor options. Craft solid relationships with all key internal partners and understand their products, content and business needs.
- Review requests for additional content and services, clearly documenting and understanding each request.
- Lead contract renewal process for multiple vendors and agreements.
- Support CASA's communication strategy by crafting and sending e-mails, presentations, blog posts, etc.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date summaries of all vendor relationships and related contracts and policy terms.
- Meet with business partners and vendors, review news and periodicals, attend training and events to continuously grow and evolve knowledgebase of products and services
- Implement and promote standard methodologies globally, including seeing opportunities to optimize and leverage data sources across the organization. Abide by CASA standards and protocol, implementing new processes and procedures by researching new technologies that will help optimize CASA's workflows and its value provided to the businesses CASA supports.
- Oversee and facilitate the sharing of data and information assets between and among the S&P Global businesses while following the prescribed guidelines of the S&P Global Data Sharing Framework.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years relevant experience focused on financial information/market data vendor relationship management, contract negotiations and overall market data management.
- Problem-solving and synergy cost savings analysis experience
- Creative commercial deal negotiation experience as well as strong aptitude for reviewing, revising, and authoring contract terms.
- Attention to detail, follow-through on projects and ability to manage different initiatives at the same time is necessary.
- Knowledge of financial information and market data industry - including various vendors and products available in the marketplace.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Comfort reviewing processes and testing new technologies that can increase automation or efficiencies.
- Strong customer focus with shown ability to be highly responsive and present solutions to requests and issues.
- Comfort liaising with internal customers and external vendors at a variety of levels.
- Shown presentation and writing skills with ability to influence.
- Excellent organizational and team building skills
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communications skills with the ability to inspire others to find creative solutions to challenging situations or problems
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.