Senior Database Engineer - Enterprise Data Services
The Enterprise Trading Platform (ETP) engineering team designs, builds and maintains the foundational infrastructure of Bloomberg's award-winning enterprise Order Management System (OMS) products: TOMS (sell-side) and AIM (buy-side). We design and develop highly-available, scalable software that supports cross-asset financial trading to some of the largest global financial institutions in the world.
Enterprise Services is a mission critical data services platform that allows frameworks such as Transaction Management System (TMS) to store and manage the lifecycle of business entities in a consistent manner, providing transparency and traceability across a firm's trading enterprise. We view TMS to be the fully automated cloud-agnostic common data platform for Enterprise Products catering to our OLTP and client OLAP/ML needs.
TS Enterprise Database team supports various database platforms (Comdb2, Postgres, Oracle and Cassandra), and develops self-service tools to allow more than 700 developers to manage their data. Trading Solutions (TS) developers look to us to advocate database best practices and help them design a superior daa architecture.
As a Software Engineer you will lead projects and contribute to improve our database infrastructure, you will help OMS teams to efficiently use databases through database design reviews and advise database choices, and provide SQL and tuning help. You'll help to expand our database platforms to NoSQL such as Cassandra and HBase. We'll trust you to:
You'll Need To Have:
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures for OLTP databases and large scale data processing systems
- Recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Ensure that the architecture that is in place supports the requirements of the business.
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining, and production.
- Understand business use cases and collaborate with application teams to write efficient DB queries to meet SLO
- Run ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) on top of big datasets and create data warehouses that can be used for reporting or analysis
We'd Love To See:
- 5+ years experience developing low-latency SQL queries and stored procedures
- 5+ years experience working on high volume database systems in Postgres or Oracle
- Experience with large, scalable distributed systems
- Experience of scripting languages such as Shell, Python
- Expertise in SQL and database performance tuning
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with Cassandra or the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with leading design and implement databases in cloud infrastructures on AWS, GCP or Azure
- Data modeling experience
- Finance domain knowledge
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.