Senior Director, Data Strategy & Governance Lead
S&P Global Platts The Role:
Data Strategy & Governance Lead Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 14
The Data Strategy & Governance Lead
will play a pivotal role in our strategic transformation from a traditional data organization into a next generation data intelligence organization. You will be tasks to work with managers across our data and engineering organizations to develop the vision and strategy for a highly interconnected data organization. The interconnected dataset will feed our data scientists, molders and analysts. With the end product delivered to our customers via world class distribution platforms.
These efforts are occurring within the broader context of major strategic initiatives to extend our market leadership and build next-generation market data, insights and analytics products that are powered by our world class datasets. In short, the Data Strategy & Governance Lead will lead fundamental organizational and operational changes of data governance, ontology, taxonomy and master data management while partnering with engineering to building the next generation of data tools with modern could based technology.
The ideal candidate must be an expert in data governance, ontology, taxonomy, triple stores and have a passion for the semantic web. In addition the ideal candidate should understand how their work fuels technology capabilities.
The candidate will manage and direct the existing global teams. Must have the ability to function as a governance leader, agile coach and have an excellent customer focused attitude to lead our data strategy. As Data Strategy & Operations Lead you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the following: Responsivities:
- Develop product roadmap for ontology, taxonomy, knowledge graph and data catalog
- Develop product roadmap for connecting datasets
- Connect datasets with each other via ontology and taxonomy to feed data to multiple distribution channels
- Own master data management: symbol governance & maintenance
- Partner with software engineering to build out a data mesh fabric
- Operate the organization following agile principles.
- Imbed S&P Global's core value into the team culture
- Partnership with S&P Global Corporate data governance teams
- Attract, motivate and retain top talent
Partner, collaborating and aligning with Technology, Product Management and customer-facing peers will be a key in identifying what needs to be develop so we are always delivering value to our customers. As a strategic partner with the business this position will lead the creation of a roadmaps for dataset to enable the business and drive revenue growth at the same time.
This position will require managing and building off-shore teams.
Additional Responsibilities: Agile Responsibilities
- Provide constant coaching to the agile teams in the program
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members
- Have effective 1:1's with your direct reports
- Ensure managers and their team members work at capacity to ensure deadline are meet
- Ensure agile teams estimate effort by breaking down components into work items
- Occasionally get into the user stories and code to validate automation direction and design
- Review their team's Kanban and ScrumBan boards weekly and ensure the teams operate efficiently and meet sprint goals
- Attend your team's Sprint Reviews
- Resource your projects and if needed create new teams. The PMO helps facilitate but the accountability for project resourcing is with you
- Continually work on process improvement
- Provide agile reports to executive management
- Experience partnering with Technology and Product Management in an agile environment
- Prior experience running global teams
- Experience with SQL, No SQL, graph & big data technology
- Management of high performance agile teams
- Management of on-shore and off-shore teams
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Bachelor's degree
- Preferably at least 8+ years of data strategy & governance experience
- Advanced knowledge data catalogs
- Ability to collaborate and brainstorm in a team environment
- Certification is a plus
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $163,000 to $307,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), DTMGOP102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
267880 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States