Our client, a global Investment Bank, is looking to add a Legal Counsel in New York. This newly created role will include advising on contractual, bank regulatory, general corporate, and corporate governance matters. This position is ideal for a talented and motivated attorney who excels in a collaborative and international environment.
- Key part the firm’s in-house legal team across various group entities to provide legal and regulatory support to the U.S. and global business.
- Draft, negotiate and review various types of legal agreements and regulatory documents.
- Advise on state and federal banking laws and regulations, and other applicable securities laws; keep abreast of new and proposed legislation and industry trends; anticipate related impact to the organization and manage regulatory change initiatives.
- Develop and enhance policies and procedures to ensure banking and other applicable laws working closely with legal and compliance colleagues and partnering effectively with the business.
- Provide day to day advice, monitoring and counsel to the business on matters relating to clients, marketing, service offerings and product development.
- Act as legal advisor to in-house working groups and committees.
- 7+ years of experience working in a law firm or in-house practice in relevant areas; particularly in Capital Markets and/or Investment Management areas.
- Ability to exercise high quality legal analysis and practical judgment, to spot issues and develop appropriate and timely solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – Mandarin preferred but not required.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks both independently and collaboratively and prioritize effectively.
Please apply with your resume for a discussion in more detail.