United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund – Office of Investment Management
Org. Setting And Reporting
The United Nations Secretary-General is responsible for the investment of the assets of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). The Secretary-General has delegated this responsibility to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the investment of the assets of the UNJSPF (RSG). The RSG heads the Office of Investment Management (OIM), which manages a $60+ billion multi-asset class, global investment portfolio, about 85% of which is actively managed in-house. Asset classes under management comprise global equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, timber and commodities. OIM's staff are all based in New York but come from over 30 countries. For more information please visit OIM's website at https://oim.unjspf.org/. This position is located in Risk and Compliance. The incumbent reports to the Deputy Director of Risk and Compliance.
Within delegated authority, the Senior Risk Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide guidance on Asset-Liability management within a pension fund context and strategic asset allocation exercises.
- Provide significant inputs of market risk for Global Equities and Global Fixed Income). Monitor and identify risk, prepare and interpret reports and formulate risk reduction and performance enhancing options.
- Ensures integrity of the processes for operational/risk related due diligence and monitoring of external asset managers in public asset classes, with significant participation in the due diligence process.
- Prepare and finalize modelling and integration of risk statistics by conducting research on macroeconomic factors, risk metrics reports to provide quantitative inputs on various investment proposals and existing portfolio of investments.
- Lead quantitative analysis on Fund's assets for the effectiveness and use of indexed tools and derivatives instruments for hedging equity, currency, duration, interest rate, and other risks.
- Provide substantive inputs on market risk management and conduct independent risk calculations.
- Plan and oversees team's tasks, plans/discusses work plan of staff to evaluate their performance.
- Lead the ongoing development, enhancement and day to day operations of risk budget, value at risk, stress testing and other market risk measurements for the Fund's market risk exposures.
- Provides guidance to the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on the Fund's market risk for Global Public Equities and Global Fixed Income.
- Mentoring, guiding, and training new team members.
- Carrying out other tasks as may be assigned by Deputy Director, Risk and Compliance.
Advanced university degree (Master's or equivalent) in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field is required. A first level university degree in combination with academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree. A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM) or equivalent professional certification is desirable.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience working in global multi-asset
- class investment institutions is required.
- A minimum of seven years of experience with portfolio risk analytics and global multi-asset
- class market risk management is required.
- Experience in implementing advanced risk systems is required.
- Experience in coding with Python or Octave or other programming language is desirable.
- Experience in market risk management (equities or fixed income) is desirable.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. Please go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=144623&Lang=en-US to apply.