Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Console Alerting Team
The Bloomberg Enterprise Console group designs scalable Big Data solutions that have a deep impact on enterprise level applications for B2B products that are essential to the entire global financial markets. We provide a suite of self-service applications for our clients (technologists with client firms and Bloomberg's internal service and support organization) to detect, diagnose and remediate issues affecting client's data flows with Bloomberg's various enterprise software solutions.
The Enterprise Console backend systems process about 2.5 billion real time events a day, creating meaningful and actionable insights for our customers. We serve these insights through the Enterprise Console( https://console.bloomberg.com ) and deliver notifications through emails and streaming channels.
The Enterprise Console Alerting Team is responsible for detecting and deriving alerts from billions of data points and delivering them in real time via emails and streaming channels. We are also responsible for helping users create and manage their alert rules and subscriptions. Our current focus areas are bringing in more transparency in to alert rules, subscriptions and notifications; building a flexible framework for onboarding new business alerts on to Enterprise Console
We are a team of self-motivated engineers with expertise in different parts of our stack, which is built to the latest industry standards with open source technologies. We are currently seeking motivated Web Front-end and Full Stack Engineer who will take charge on delivering key business initiatives in the short term while also helping to craft an evolvable system over the long term. Team Technology stack:
We will trust you with:
- UI frameworks: Angular 6, React
- Deployment: Jenkins, Docker
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Big Data Platform: Apache Kafka, Flink, Hbase, HDFS, Solr, Spark
You'll need to have:
- Build web applications for the Enterprise Console system
- Design and implement the technical solutions with an eye on the future
- Collaborate with the team members to maintain the high quality of code with good testing, peer reviews and documentation
- Collaborate with the stakeholders including product managers and other engineering teams to come up with the best solution
- Drive projects from the design, technical review to implementation, testing and client deployment
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency in Java, Scala or other web backend language
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Proven experience with either Angular 6+, React
- Experience with testing tools such as Webdriver, Serenity
- Experience with different design patterns
- Experience with open source technologies
- A keen interest in technological advances and the ability to incorporate new technology into existing systems
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to sophisticated problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work optimally on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.