Senior Software Engineer - Trade Order Management System (Contract)
Thousands of traders and salespeople across the globe rely on the renowned Bloomberg TOMS (Trade Order Management) System to run their business. TOMS delivers global, multi-asset, solutions for trade capture, inventory management and middle office operations. As the financial world grows increasingly sophisticated, our clients demand more in terms of throughput, flexibility, reliability and transparency. In order to meet these requirements, TOMS Engineers are taking dramatic, strategic steps to revolutionize our system.
As the leading financial data provider, Bloomberg has been constantly renovating our financial product data delivery systems. You will be working with a group of talented engineers to provide a solution to integrate all TOMS functionalities with Bloomberg's new data delivery system, then enhance TOMS functionalities to support new asset classes. You need to systematically investigate existing TOMS code base, create a robust solution to retrieve data from new data delivery system, working with teams across TOMS to integration, test, validate, and roll out to hundreds of banks and hedge funds across the world. You will be building the foundation for Bloomberg Sell Side OMS for the foreseeable future. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency in communicating deep technical domains with business and other engineering teams
- Passion for building enterprise (read: Stable, Flexible) systems
- Experience in automated Testing frameworks gtest and gmock
- Experience in large-scale project migrations
- Experience with Agile software engineering methodologies
- Track record of improving developer experience pushing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge about the markets in which our clients trade, the major financial players in those markets, and current financial trends and events.